7 Smoothies to Stop Arthritis
Arthritis in an illness in which the immune system attacks the body as if it was a harmful foreign agent. Because of its side effects, it’s important to find alternatives to stop arthritis and make the resulting pain more bearable.
In the process, tissue and joints become affected due to the reoccurring inflammation. This is due to the antibodies that are created that attack the healthy cells in the body. As a result, this creates a series of side effects that are hard to bear.
In addition to seeking professional help, you can incorporate these smoothies into your daily diet to help combat arthritis and its side effects.
Hence, it is crucial to add antioxidants to your diet. This is because these nutrients can combat free radicals and their effects on the body.
Furthermore, antioxidants contain properties that prevent premature aging and decrease the risk of getting cancer.
In this article, we will provide you with a few smoothies that combat arthritis which will be very helpful to you. So, try them all and choose your favorite.
1. Peach and Cherry Smoothietheir anti-inflammatory properties stand above them all
- ½ cup of cherries (60 g)
- 1 ½ cup of sliced peach (225 g)
- 1 ¼ cup of coconut milk (310 ml)
- First, add all of the ingredients to the blender. Then, blend them until you get a smooth and even consistency.
- Above all, it’s important to not add sugar as this tends to aggravate pain in the joints.
2. Anti-Arthritis Pineapple and Blueberry Smoothie
Pineapple is a source of vitamin C. In fact, vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps reduce joint pains. Also, it helps fight arthritis.
- 1 cup of chopped pineapple (140 g)
- 1 cup of blueberries (150 g)
- 5 cm of ginger root
- 1 cup of watercress (30 g)
- 2 cups of chamomile tea (500 ml)
- First, blend the pineapple, blueberries, ginger, watercress, and 1 cup of the chamomile tea until you obtain an even consistency.
- Next, add the second cup of chamomile tea. Finally, keep blending until the smoothie is well mixed.
Read more: 5 Reasons Why You Should Drink Pineapple Water
3. Banana and Pineapple Smoothie
Certainly, banana is rich in potassium and magnesium. In fact, these two minerals help to maintain healthy bones and reduce arthritis pain.
- 1 cup of sliced banana (150 g)
- 1 cup of chopped pineapple (140 g)
- ½ tablespoon of ginger powder (5 g)
- ½ cup of coconut milk (125 ml)
- First, combine all of the ingredients to a blender or use an immersion blender. Then, mix until obtaining a smooth and creamy consistency.
- You can drink it right after making it. Alternatively, you can keep it in the refrigerator for a half an hour.
4. Avocado Smoothie with Pineapple and Cherries
Because avocado is rich in healthy fats and vitamin E, it helps repair damaged cartilage. As a result, it helps fight arthritis.
- 1 cup of cubed avocado (150 g)
- 1 cup of cherries (120 g)
- ½ cup of natural pineapple juice (125 ml)
- First, add all of the ingredients to a blender. Then, process until obtaining a mix without lumps.
- Adding sugar is not necessary.
Learn more: 6 Amazing Natural Remedies with Avocado
5. Orange and Parsley Juice
Certainly, oranges are a main source of vitamin C. When you mix it together with ingredients like garlic, parsley, and green peppers, you get an exceptional smoothie for fighting arthritis.
- 1 glass of orange juice (200 ml)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 5 branches of parsley
- 1 green pepper
- First, wash all of the ingredients thoroughly. Then, add them to the blender.
- Next, blend them for a few minutes. Finally, drink this mixture once a day.
6. Carrot and Celery Smoothie
Celery is one of the recommended foods for stopping arthritis because it supplies you with vitamin B5. In turn, it helps protect your joints and prevents or reduces the effects of arthritis.
As a result, if you consume this smoothie frequently, you will see better joint movement and a gradual decrease in your pain.
- 1 carrot
- 2 pieces of celery
- 1 cup of green tea (250 ml)
- First, blend all of the ingredients. Then, drink it right away.
- If you prefer a cold drink, add one or two ice cubes.
7. Orange and Turmeric Smoothie
This smoothie helps fight arthritis thanks to turmeric, an oriental spice that is anti-inflammatory in addition to being analgesic. Also, it possesses antioxidant characteristics.
- 5 carrots
- 2 oranges
- 1 cucumber
- 5 cm of ginger root
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric (10 g)
- First, peel the carrots, oranges, and cucumber. Also, peel the skin from the ginger.
- Then, add everything to the blender and process it until it obtains the desired consistency.
- Next, add the tablespoon of turmeric and blend it again so it gets incorporated into the drink.
- We suggest that you drink this smoothie 30 minutes before breakfast.
In conclusion, there are different ways to combine foods that help to combat and prevent inflammation of the joints. In fact, one of the best qualities of smoothies is they are a simple and tasty way to incorporate these foods into our daily diet.
However, remember that you should combine them with a healthy balanced diet and some type of light physical activity on a daily basis.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Robles Sánchez M, Gorinstein S, Marín Belloso O, Astiazarán García H, González Aguilar G y Cruz Valenzuela R. Frutos tropicales mínimamente procesados: potencial antioxidante y su impacto en la salud. INCI Caracas 2007;32(4)
- Mesa MD, Ramírez Tortosa MC, Aguilera CM, Ramírez Boscá A y Gil A. Efectos farmacológicos y nutricionales de los extractos de Curcuma longa L. y de los cucuminoides. Ars Pharmaceutica, 2000;41:3; 307-321