How to Beautify Your Face with Coconut Milk
In recent years, a number of tricks have been shared using coconut milk to beautify the face. Although they are recipes without scientific backing, various experiences suggest that they may have some benefits as a moisturizing and anti-aging product. Do you want to know more about it?
Nutritional properties of coconut
Coconut milk is one of the products derived from coconut. This fruit stands out for its interesting contribution of nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. Specifically, and according to a publication in the Brazilian Journal of Medical and Biological Research, coconut and its derivatives contain:
- Significant amounts of protein and fiber
- B vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6), as well as E, C, and K vitamins
- Minerals such as zinc, phosphorus, and iron
- Carbohydrates, fiber, and healthy fats.
At the same time, these same data indicate that this fruit has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties, which could be responsible for many benefits. In this case, we’ll will detail how they could contribute to beautify the skin.
Benefits of Coconut Milk in Facial Skin
The benefits of coconut milk to beautify the face have not yet been sufficiently researched. Despite this, since coconut and its derivatives are so rich in nutrients, there are those who suggest that it could be a good ally to care for, moisturize, and rejuvenate the skin.
However, it’s important to keep in mind that it’s not a first-line dermatological treatment and its effects may vary from one person to another. Therefore, in case of skin problems, it is best to consult a dermatologist. How can we take advantage of it to take care of the face?
It Helps Treat Sunburns
Superficial sunburns can be treated with the help of cold coconut milk. Its application cools the reddened area and helps to reduce burning. In addition, it prevents the skin from drying out, favoring its repair.
We recommend that you read: 7 Remedies to Prevent and Cure Sunburns
Due to its content of oily compounds, it’s ideal for removing make-up from the face. It removes, in a natural and non-aggressive way, foundations and all those products that need to be removed.
Due to its amounts of vitamins and minerals, it’s perfect for exfoliating the skin in a soft and delicate way. It removes dead skin cells, impurities, and dirt.
As mentioned above, coconut milk contains healthy fats and antioxidants. According to a study published in the Journal of Environmental Biology, antioxidants are molecules that help prevent cellular aging. Therefore, this product could be ideal to reduce the appearance of premature wrinkles.
Recipes With Coconut Milk to Beautify Your Face
There are many options for incorporating coconut milk into your regular beauty routine. In fact, it can be applied on its own as a mask or makeup remover. However, here are a couple of interesting recipes.
Anti-Wrinkle Peach and Coconut Milk
Peach is a nutritious fruit that will undoubtedly contribute to a more radiant and hydrated skin. If we combine it with coconut milk, we obtain an ideal mask to combat dryness and prevent aging.
- ¼ cup coconut milk (62 ml)
- ⅓ cup fresh peach (50 g)
- Mix both ingredients in an airtight jar preferably made of glass. Let it marinade for a week.
- After it rests, filter and store the liquid in the same jar in the refrigerator.
How to Apply
- Apply to the eye contour area, since it’s perfect for combating the onset of crow’s feet.
- Another highly recommended use is as a makeup remover, because it’s an excellent natural moisturizer and exfoliant.
See also: 5 Great Face Masks for Radiant Skin
Coconut Milk With Essential Oils
Essential oils are recommended for dry skin. It’s better to avoid them on oily skin, as they can worsen the problem. As in the previous case, we suggest using coconut milk for a more complete treatment.
This mixture serves as a moisturizing mask to renew elasticity, and bring hydration and radiance to the face.
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ (30 g)
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil (60 g)
- 2 tablespoons almond oil (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk (10 mL)
- Mix all the essential oils, coconut milk, and wheat germ in a dark glass bottle and refrigerate.
- The ideal thing is to store it for a maximum of 4 months and to shake it up every time you’re going to use it.
- If you want, you can dilute it in warm water.
Despite the lack of evidence about its benefits for the skin, coconut milk is a nutritious ingredient that we can take advantage of in treatments to beautify the face naturally. It’s safe to use and contains very beneficial nutrients.It might interest you...