Slimming Smoothie With Strawberries, Oatmeal, & Ginger
As summer slowly approaches, you may start to worry about all that winter weight gain from eating too many sweets and unhealthy foods. For this reason, they look for recipes like the following slimming smoothie that we are going to tell you about.
It’s made from three ingredients that are not only delicious when combined in the same drink, but also contain various nutrients that contribute to health, while helping to improve intestinal transit and reduce inflammation of the abdomen.
You might like: 5 Delicious Smoothies For Your Detox Diet
What should you do to slim down after the holidays?
In order to lose weight in a healthy way and without the dreaded rebound effect, the best thing to do is to consult with your doctor (or nutritionist) and follow their instructions.
It’ll be essential that you adopt a healthy diet and forget about “miracle” diets that, although they promise a lot, only manage to jeopardize your health in the medium and long term.
On the other hand, it’s good that you try to get better informed about which are the diets most recommended by health and nutrition experts. Two of the most prominent examples are the Mediterranean diet and the Harvard plate.
What is a slimming smoothie?
A slimming smoothie is a drink in which you can enjoy various plant-based foods, such as fruits, vegetables, and cereals, among others.
You can also add sources of healthy fats (such as avocado) and, why not, some spices with digestive and anti-inflammatory properties.
When prepared and consumed in moderation, within a healthy lifestyle, slimming shakes can help you lose weight and, at the same time, complement your diet in a delicious way.
A good slimming smoothie should contain, above all, fresh fruits and vegetables, which are sources of fiber and other essential nutrients. However, they can also include nuts, cereals, and seeds.
You might like: The Perfect Smoothie For Your Lifestyle
Properties of weight loss ingredients
All foods contain calories. However, sometimes your body burns more calories in absorbing these foods than what they contain, which favors weight loss.
Other ingredients contain fiber that satisfies you and improves the function of your intestines or increases your metabolism to burn more calories.
You can’t not include oatmeal in a healthy and balanced diet. Although it’s not low in calories, it contains many nutrients that help avoid health problems and achieve your ideal weight.
- This cereal is very rich in fiber, minerals such as iron, zinc, and magnesium, and essential fatty acids.
- It’s a very satisfying food that provides you with energy, regulates your blood sugar levels, fights anxiety, and improves digestion.
- It’s a great way to fight the cravings that make you overeat between meals.
- This exotic, refreshing, and delicious spice stands out thanks to its ability to boost your metabolism, which allows you to burn calories more easily.
- It also helps regulate your appetite, fight fluid retention, and reduce bloating.
- Ginger is the perfect addition to all types of recipes, as it facilitates digestion and enhances the flavor of your food.
According to data from the Spanish Nutrition Foundation (FEN), strawberries are low-energy fruits that also have a high energy content:
- Strawberries are rich in vitamin C and minerals like iron, potassium, and iodine, which help prevent nutritional deficiencies.
- They’re one of the fruits with the highest antioxidant capacity, not only because of their anthocyanin content, but also due to the presence in their composition of polyphenols (ellagic acid) and vitamin C, which contributes to the protection of cells against oxidative stress.
Making your slimming smoothie
- Ripe strawberries
- Oat flakes (16 g)
- A pinch of freshly grated or ground ginger
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- The night before, soak the oat flakes in the cup of water. You need to leave them for at least a few hours to facilitate blending. This will also improve your body’s ability to digest this grain.
- In the morning, add all the ingredients to your blender (the strawberries, oats, and soaking water, as well as the ginger).
- Blend everything until you have a smooth texture.
- This smoothie will be very thick and creamy. If you want it to be a bit more liquid, add some additional water.
- Avoid sweetening your smoothie with honey, stevia, and any other sweetener.
- Consume in moderation.
This slimming shake is very easy to prepare and you can drink it as part of breakfast or as a mid-morning snack before your exercise routine.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Pernía T, Corao MG, Araujo L. Actividad antiinflamatoria de la hialuronidasa por los polifenoles en la fruta de la fresa (Fragaria vesca L.) BLACPMA 2004;3(4)