7 Signs You Don’t Drink Enough Water
To avoid health problems and stay well hydrated, it is important that you drink between 6 and 8 glasses of water a day. You can also stay hydrated by eating fruits and vegetables
Daily water consumption is a healthy habit that every person should incorporate into her routine. But, how do you know if you drink enough water?
This liquid, which is the base of all of our drinks, plays a fundamental role in our health. First off, water is present in the functions of all of our organs.
Its absorption in the body optimizes circulation. Also, it improves the oxygenation of cells. And, it helps to keep our tissues in good condition.
Also, it is essential for the detoxification processes of the excretory system. And, it combines with waste in the body to facilitate its elimination.
The problem is that many people do not drink enough water. And, as a consequence, the body must work much harder to perform its functions.
While at first there are not any side effects, little by little, dehydration starts to cause symptoms. And, these symtoms can affect your quality of life.
Because of this, it is very important to recognize the signs that you don’t drink enough water. And, after identifying them, increase your liquid intake as soon as possible.
Take note of these signs!
Constipation is a digestive disorder that has to do with one’s inability, or difficulty, to eliminate feces from the body on a regular basis.
This triggers an inflammatory reaction in the intestine, alternating the activity of healthy bacteria and provoking the accumulation of excess gas.
- It can appear because of poor diet choices. But, it is also frequent in those who do not drink enough water.
- This liquid acts as an intestinal lubricant that facilitates the transport of wastes until they are eliminated.
2. Dry skin
The first signs that you don’t drink enough water show in the appearance of dry, dull skin.
Sure, it is true that these symptoms can be produced by external factors. However, you shouldn’t ignore the fact that if you don’t drink enough water, that may be the problem.
- Water participates in the correct transport of blood through the veins. This is the key to maintaining optimal production of oils in the skin.
- Without water, skin cells start to dry and the regeneration process cannot take place.
3. Dry tongue and mouth
If you don’t drink enough water, dehydration can cause dryness of the tongue and mouth. And, dehydration can reduce saliva production.
- This usually starts without a constant feeling of thirstiness that, in general, can be taken care of by drinking water.
4. Under eye bags
Another esthetic issue that comes from drinking too little water is the appearance of bags under our eyes.
- This symptom is caused by dehydration since it causes liquid retention and inflammation.
- Additionally, if you don’t drink enough water, this interferes with the circulatory system. Basically, dehydration prevents blood from oxygenating the cells correctly.
- In conclusion, this inevitably affects your skin health.
5. Muscle painDrinking too little healthy liquids, like water, is a factor that influences the recurrence of muscle pain.
- Water is essential for balancing the electrolytes in the body, a substance the regulates our muscle health.
- Muscles need to be kept hydrated to make them strong and inflammation free.
Strong head pain, like those you get from migraines, may originate because you don’t drink enough water. .
- This is because dehydration affects the body’s ability to oxygenate the cells and transport nutrients. This increases stress and tension in the skull.
- Liquids are necessary for keeping the nervous system functioning properly and for keeping hormonal activity regular.
7. Changes in urination
It isn’t necessary to have a professional take your urine sample to know that the body is dehydrated and urgently needs liquids.
Just analyzing your urination habits can help you see if you are drinking too little water and it is affecting your kidneys.
- The person starts to go to the restroom less regularly and, when doing so, the urine has a strong yellow color.
- It is possible that, due to the lack of liquid, the smell is stronger than usual.
- Sometimes the feeling of needing the restroom may come about, only to get there and have nothing come out.
- The tendency to get urinary infections increases an alarming amount.
Do you identify yourself with any of these symptoms? If so, it would do a lot for you to start to drinking more water throughout the day.
Be sure to drink between 6 and 8 glasses a day, in addition to eating hydrating foods like fruits and vegetables.