Help Shrink Your Pores with These 5 Natural Remedies
Your pores are small holes in the epidermis of your skin. They’re very important when it comes to regulating body temperature because they facilitate perspiration.
Everyone has around two million pores distributed throughout their body. While it’s easy to ignore their function, they’re necessary for protecting the skin against environmental agents.
Their size can vary according to genetic factors. However, they often tend to become dilated due to excess sebaceous gland secretions and the loss of elasticity that’s associated with premature aging.
The problem arises when they become clogged by a buildup of dead skin and environmental contaminants. Over time, this can lead to blackheads and acne.
For this reason, lots of people look for treatments to help shrink their pores, cleanse them, and leave their face looking healthier.
The good news is that there are several natural solutions that can help reduce their size and correct any imperfections.
Today, we want to share the five best options for you to try at home.
1. Tomato juiceNatural tomato juice contains acidic compounds that help regulate the pH of your skin to help reduce enlarged or clogged pores.
Its direct application helps control chronic acne and regulate the production of sebum for a cleaner, smoother face.
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1/4 cup of water (62 ml)
- Add the ripe tomato to the blender along with the water and blend until you have a natural juice.
- Dip a brush or a cotton ball into the juice and apply it to your entire face.
- Leave on for 10 minutes and remove any excess with cold water.
- Repeat this at least three times a week.
Read also: What Acne Can Reveal About Your Health
2. Oatmeal and honey scrub
An exfoliating cream made with oatmeal and honey can help remove impurities from dilated pores, making your face look cleaner and younger.
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal (20 g)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 g)
- Combine the honey and oatmeal until you have a creamy paste.
- Apply this mask to your entire face, especially where you notice you have enlarged pores.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse.
- Use it two to three times a week.
3. Cucumber and milk maskThe astringent properties of cucumber combined with the lactic acid in milk make this natural treatment one of the best ways to help reduce the size of your pores.
Its compounds may slow the dilation and reduce dead cells and impurities.
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/4 cup of milk (62 ml)
- Add the two ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Spread it on your skin and leave on for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and use it every night.
4. Egg white treatment
Applying egg whites to your face may help remove any blackheads caused by dilated pores. The compounds in egg whites help regulate your skin’s natural pH and promote the balance of your fat-producing glands.
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice (5 ml)
- Beat the egg white and mix in the teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Apply this treatment to your entire face in the evenings, after you remove your makeup.
- Allow it to dry for 30 minutes and then rinse.
- Apply three times a week.
Visit this article: Egg Face Mask to Cleanse and Tighten
5. Natural yogurt mask that may help shrink your pores
The lactic acid in plain yogurt is one of the best compounds to clean your pores and eliminate dead skin cells. It helps create a protective barrier against bacteria and also may lighten any dark skin spots.
- 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt (36 g)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (10 g)
- Combine the tablespoon of sugar with the plain yogurt and apply this exfoliating cream with gentle circular motions.
- Leave on for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse.
- Repeat its application up to three times a week.
Are your enlarged pores driving you crazy? Try some of these treatments at home that may help improve your complexion.