Although we don’t recommend using it too often, this egg white mask can be highly beneficial for beauty, helping eliminate black heads.
In spite of the bad rap that they’ve had for several decades, eggs are one of the most highly consumed foods in the world.
Their delicious taste and high content in essential nutrients makes them a staple in the dietary world.
But what very few people have come to understand is that they also have several cosmetic uses, which can be useful in your beauty routine.
They contain a significant amount of proteins, vitamins and minerals, making them great for caring for skin, without spending too much.
In fact, some companies are starting to use their primary active ingredients for creating aesthetic products to treat various skin problems.
But by using them in their natural state, you will get amazing benefits for a rejuvenated and young face.
The mask that we are going to share with you below is fairly special because it can be applied several different ways.
You can use it to clean your face, but it is also great for removing dead skin cells and firming skin.
What benefits does this egg face mask provide?
Applying this egg mask to your skin stimulates repair of deteriorated tissues to prevent premature signs of aging.
One of its primary components, lutein, has the ability to retain the face’s natural moisture, while also providing elasticity.
The nutrients contained in egg whites are perfect for giving a healthy glow to skin, and fighting flaccidity.
It provides significant amounts of vitamins A, B and D, which take part in cellular activity that stops damage caused by free radicals.
It is also great for sealing dilated pores, getting rid of blemishes, and creating lift.
Continual usage of this treatment is recommended for people that want to fight blackheads, lessen scars, and give the face a renovated look.
The best effects are not seen immediately, but from the first application, your skin will already feel cleaner and softer.
How do I make this egg face mask?
One advantage that we absolutely cannot forget to mention, is that this mask is very inexpensive and is a great alternative to costly products sold on the market.
You’ll generally already have all of these materials, and they’ll already be there for as many following treatments as necessary.
- 1 egg
- Paper towels (however many you need)
- 2 bowls
- 1 fork
- 1 brush
- Make a small crack in the egg, and separate the whites from the yolk. Set aside in different bowls.
- Beat the egg white with a fork.
- Dip the brush into the beaten egg white and apply to a clean, dry face.
- Before the egg dries, cut the paper towel into various strips and stick them to your face until completely covered.
- Apply another layer or egg white and allow to dry.
- After 20 or 30 minutes have passed, you’ll notice that the paper towel has hardened.
- Now take the edges of the mask, from under the chin, and quickly pull upward.
- This pulling motion with be slightly unpleasant, but it’s the best way to remove black heads and blemishes.
- Once you’ve finished this part of the treatment, mix the egg yolk with one tablespoon of coconut oil, and swiftly beat.
- Wash off the remaining egg white with a bit of warm water, and apply the egg yolk with a paint brush.
- Allow to set for another 10 minutes, then remove with a bit of warm water and a neutral soap.
- You can repeat this process up to twice a week, to keep your face soft and radiant. Do not use it too often, however, because this could be aggressive to your skin’s natural oils.
- Avoid using this mask if you have an egg allergy, or are allergic to any of these ingredients. If you’re not sure, first do a small test before using the entire product.
- Remember that the egg smell is slightly unpleasant when it starts to dry, which is why you should avoid this if the smell is intolerable to you.
As you can see, this is one simple ingredient to make wonderful facial masks. All you need to consider is if you have a bit of spare time to do it, because this process generally takes a little bit of time.