Say goodbye to loose skin on your arms and legs with these tips!
Without a doubt, loose skin is one of the most common concerns among women, and a few men too. While it’s a natural part of the aging process, there are many factors that accelerate the appearance of sagging skin at younger ages.
The arms, neck, legs, eyelids, and corners of the mouth are the areas most commonly associated with sagging or loose skin. This article is going to show you how to say goodbye to loose skin on your arms and legs for good!
Flabby arms and legs are essentially the result of a lack of exercise or movement leading to a lack of muscle tone and tension.
The skin may begin to sag as well, but this can be treated with a few simple exercises. We must keep in mind that the elasticity of the skin and its recovery is a long, hard process that depends on more than just exercise. Here are a few additional recommendations:
- Avoid crash diets promoting rapid weight loss. Losing the fat that supports the skin too quickly will make sagging skin more obvious.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun. The free radicals in its rays damage the fibers of the dermis.
- Don’t smoke.
- Maintain a healthy diet, which includes consuming more fiber and watching out for bad fats.
- Make it a routine of exercising at least three times a week for a minimum of one hour each session. Supplement this with swimming, hiking, biking, or walking twice a week.
- Drink plenty of water.
Popular remedies to say goodbye to loose skin
- Squeeze the gel from an aloe vera stalk and gently rub in a circular motion over the saggy area. Repeat at least once a week for an immediate tightening effect.
- Take the pulp of two figs and mix thoroughly with the juice of one lemon to form a paste. Before bed, apply to the problem area for 20 minutes, then rinse with cold water.
- Mix a tablespoon of honey with one egg white. Apply in circular motions to the arms and legs. Let sit for 20 minutes before rinsing with cold water.
- Mix a half a cup of apple juice and the juice of half a melon. Massage gently into sagging areas. Repeat twice a week for best results.
- Cut a small melon into chunks, and place in blender. Add a half cup water and the juice of one lemon and blend well. Soak gauze in the mixture and wrap the loose skin.
- Grind two tablespoons of flaxseed and mix with four tablespoons of hot water to form a paste. Add two drops essential oil of cypress and spread mixture on a cloth. Fold cloth in half and cover area. Wrap with plastic to make the process simpler and less messy. Repeat twice a week.
- Rehydrate a handful of kombu seaweed in a glass of water for three hours. Massage into legs in gentle, circular motions, paying attention to problem areas.
You might be interested in: Exercise Routines for Toning Your Arms
Exercises to tighten and tone the arms
Loose skin on the arms can be tightened and reduced with toning exercises, many of which can be done right at home, meaning you don’t have to sign up for an expensive gym membership to get started:
- Do push-ups on the floor so that your arms are supporting the weight of your body. If you’ve never done push-ups before or are out of shape, bend your knees and rest them on the floor for additional stability and support. It will make it easier for you to do them and less stress will be placed on your back.
- Fill an empty soda or water bottle with stones, sand, water or whatever you have on hand to measure out a determined weight or, if possible, purchase a set of dumbbells. Standing with legs slightly apart, lift the weight with your left hand so that it is straight over your head.Support your elbow with your right hand and raise and lower the weight behind you, stretching your arm without touching your head. Repeat ten times and switch sides, performing a total of two sets of ten on each side.
- Standing with legs spread apart, take a foam rubber ball and place it between your right hand and the side of the same leg. Press into the ball with the palm of your hand as hard as you can. Repeat this for a total of twenty times and switch sides.
Exercises to tighten loose skin on the legs
These exercises focus on the lower body, so parts of your upper body like the arms will take a little longer for the effects to show. Cycling, using a climber, jogging, walking, or even taking the stairs instead of the elevator are all great ways to tone and strengthen the lower body.
Establish an exercise routine four days a week for an hour each session.
Another great way to tighten and tone your legs and thighs is to do squats with your back against the wall, just raise and lower your body by bending your knees. You can also hold hand weights while doing lunges. Do four sets of twelve repetitions for either exercise.It might interest you...