Diminish Stretch Marks with These Natural Remedies
Stretch marks tend to appear most often on certain areas of your body, such as your legs, glutes, and breasts. These marks can be the result of sudden weight loss or weight gain. They are also very common during pregnancy. Fortunately, there are some very effective home treatments to help diminish stretch marks or even make them disappear completely.
Rosehip Seed and Almond Oil
Rosehip seed and almond oil are both great moisturizers. That is why they are special for helping regenerate skin damaged by stretch marks. You should apply each product daily after showering.
Horsetail is a medicinal plant with many health benefits. When it comes to stretch marks, horsetail is effective because it contains silicon, which is naturally regenerative.
In order to make this home remedy, soak 100 grams of horsetail in a liter of 40 proof alcohol for at least a month. Then, add eight to ten drops of lemon juice and dilute it in half a liter of water. Massaging this tincture on your skin in a circular motion twice a day will help diminish stretch marks.
The first thing you should do is steam a carrot until it is soft. Then, puree it in the blender and put it on the affected areas. Leave it on for half an hour.
Rinse it off with cold water. Hot water can cause more damage to skin with stretch marks.
You might like: Easy, Cleansing Carrot Smoothies
The miraculous ointment that will make stretch marks disappear
If you have white stretch marks, this remedy is perfect for you. Blend a carrot, five beet skins, and five peach skins. Apply the mixture to your stretch marks.
Natural avocado-based creams to diminish stretch marks
Ointments made with natural ingredients can help keep your skin hydrated. With regular use, they will help diminish your stretch marks. Once they are gone, continue to use the ointment so your skin is always hydrated and elastic. This will prevent future stretch marks.
Aloe Vera and Avocado Ointment
Aloe vera and avocado combined may help regenerate tissue and therefore help diminish stretch marks. For this preparation, you will need:
- A half of an avocado
- A piece of fresh aloe vera
- One teaspoon of olive oil
Blend the avocado, olive oil, and the gel from the aloe vera leaf until you get a very smooth paste. Massage this in circles on the affected areas. Leave on for twenty minutes, then rinse it off with cold water.
Avocado, Oats, and Almond Oil Ointment
Prepare this one just like the previous ointment, exchanging the aloe vera for two tablespoons of oats and two of almond oil. You can blend it by hand. Apply it the same way, but rinse it with warm water.
Avocado, Honey, and Lemon Ointment
Mix all of the ingredients in a blender or by hand. It’s important for the mixture to be very soft. Apply it to the affected areas and let sit for ten to twenty minutes. Afterward, remove with plenty of warm water.
How to Avoid and Prevent Stretch Marks
It is always better to prevent than to cure, so we recommend preventing stretch marks is by maintaining a healthy weight.
Massages are also very beneficial for preventing stretch marks. They are especially great for pregnant women, who are more likely to suffer from stretch marks. You should do these massages with almond or wheat oil.
Other things to help prevent or diminish stretch marks are:
- Cocoa or shea butter. You can use these on your stomach, glutes, breasts, and hips at least twice a day.
- Vitamin E and Vitamin A. Mix these with rose oil to massage the areas are prone to stretch marks. Weight lifting can also cause stretch marks, so bodybuilders will benefit from massage as well.
- Vitamin C is useful for preventing stretch marks. It promotes collagen production which is what prevents new stretch marks from forming.
- Protein-rich diet.
- Drinking a lot of water will keep your skin well hydrated.
- Don’t consume too much fatty food because your body stores it in your stomach, legs, and gluteals. Too much fatty tissue can lead to stretch marks.
- Increase your consumption of fresh fruit and vegetables. They are both excellent for improving the texture and elasticity of your skin.
- Light exercise is also very important for maintaining your skin’s elasticity.