How to Remove Tartar Naturally
Apart from turning to different remedies like mouth washes and special toothpaste, there are foods that also help you get rid of plaque and tartar deposits. Learn about them in this article!
Tartar forms when foods keep building up between your teeth and gums. This substance is made up of mineral salts and waste. As a result, the surface of your teeth becomes marked with yellow spots.
The best way to get rid of it is to go to the dentist. However, you can use certain home remedies to prevent it from growing.
Learn about the best ones by reading this article.
How to get rid of tartar naturally
It’s very important to use your toothbrush correctly to prevent plaque from forming.
- Remember to brush your teeth at least three times per day (morning, noon, and night). And replace your tooth brush every 3 months.
- Also, it would be good for you to use dental floss and mouth wash to complete your oral health routine. This will help you to get rid of both bacteria and tartar.
At the same time, we recommend that you avoid sugary foods or foods that have starch. This is because the bacteria that live in your mouth feed themselves with these substances.
Every time you eat something sweet and you don’t rinse your mouth, these microorganisms give off an acid that causes cavities.
Also, it’s wise to visit a dentist at least two times per year. This allows them to deeply clean your teeth as well as treat cavities.
As a complementary treatment, you can also use natural remedies. Here are some of the home remedies for preventing the buildup of residues on your teeth:
1. Baking soda
This is an element that you need in your house because of its multiple properties. It’s been used for centuries because of its cleaning and whitening abilities.
- You only have to put a little baking soda in a container. Then wet your tooth brush with a little water, and cover the brush in baking soda powder.
- Brush like you normally do.
Note: Keep in mind that it has a salty flavor. Because of this, you should only use a little.
2. Hydrogen peroxide
This is another one of the elements that should be present in any home. This is because it cleans wounds and even whitens your teeth.
- Use a mixture of equal parts hydrogen peroxide and water. Then, use it to rinse your mouth after brushing. Use this treatment two or three times per week.
- This lets you get rid of tartar, prevent the growth of bacteria, and keeps your mouth healthy.
Eating a raw apple with its skin as dessert is healthier than any other option. Also, it lets you clean your teeth naturally.
- This way, your dental plaque won’t accumulate. You’ll also have healthier gums and prevent bleeding.
The vitamin C that this citrus has prevents microorganisms from growing on the surface of your teeth.
- You can drink orange juice every morning Or, you can rub the inside of an orange peel on your teeth before going to sleep.
5. Baking soda and aloe vera
This home remedy is very effective at getting rid of tartar. And, you can use up to two times per week after brushing your teeth at night.
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable glycerin
- In a container, mix the water and baking soda. Mix them well.
- Add the aloe vera gel and the essential oil.
- Finally, add the glycerin.
- Shake it until you get a smooth paste, then keep the mixture in a glass container with a lid.
- Use it like toothpaste to brush your teeth on a daily basis.
6. Sesame seeds
The texture of sesame seeds gets rid of plaque and whitens your teeth.
- This is very easy. Chew a tablespoon of sesame seeds without swallowing them.
- Then use your tooth brush to brush. Use the paste that was made with the seeds and your saliva.
- Rinse with a lot of warm water.
7. Strawberries and tomatoes
Both are rich in vitamin C. If you rub them on your teeth, you don’t just get rid of plaque. You also whiten your teeth. Let it rest a few minutes before rinsing.
8. Anti-tartar toothpaste
Thanks to this homemade tooth paste, you can avoid the chemicals they use to make toothpaste sold in stores.
Also, you can benefit from the ingredients’ goodness to get rid of tartar and have healthier teeth.
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of stevia powder
- 20 drops of essential oil (of your choice)
- In a container, put the coconut oil, baking soda, and stevia.
- Mix them well and add the essential oil you choose (for instance, it could be lemon, mint, or lavender).
- Mix it until you get a smooth paste Then store the mixture in a glass jar.
- Use this every day like you do with conventional toothpaste.
9. Carrots and celery
Raw vegetables protect your dental health. This is because they increase your saliva production and strengthen your teeth.
- Choose the ones that satisfy your appetite and work as a good snack between meals. For instance, you can use celery or carrots.
Nuts can help you if you eat them whole. This is because of the friction they make against your teeth. This removes plaque and tartar little by little.
- A handful per day of almonds, for instance, removes any residue trapped in your teeth and gums.