How to Remove Tartar Naturally
Apart from turning to different remedies like mouthwashes and special toothpaste, there are foods that can also help you get rid of plaque and tartar deposits. Learn how to remove tartar naturally below.
Tartar forms when foods keep building up between your teeth and gums. This substance is made up of mineral salts and waste. As a result, the surface of your teeth becomes marked with yellow spots. There ways to remove tartar naturally.
Still, the best way to get rid of it is to go to the dentist. However, you can use certain home remedies to prevent it from growing.
Learn more about the best ones by reading this article.
How to remove tartar naturally
It’s very important to use your toothbrush correctly to prevent plaque from forming.
- Remember to brush your teeth at least three times per day (morning, noon, and night). Also, replace your toothbrush every three months.
- In addition, be sure to use dental floss and mouthwash to complete your oral health routine. This will help you to get rid of both bacteria and tartar.
At the same time, we recommend that you avoid sugary or starchy foods. This is because the bacteria that live in your mouth feed off these substances.
Every time you eat something sweet and don’t rinse your mouth, these microorganisms emit acid that causes cavities.
Moreover, it’s wise to visit a dentist at least twice a year. They’ll deep-clean your teeth as well as treat cavities.
As a complementary treatment, you can also use natural remedies to remove tartar naturally. Here are some of the home remedies for preventing the buildup of residues on your teeth:
1. Baking soda
This is an item you need in your house for its many properties. It’s been used for centuries for its cleaning and whitening abilities.
- You only have to put a little baking soda in a container. Then, wet your toothbrush with a little water, and cover the brush in baking soda powder.
- Brush like you normally do.
Note: Keep in mind that it has a salty flavor. As such, you should only use a little.
2. Hydrogen peroxide
This is another item any home should have since it cleans wounds and even whitens your teeth.
- Use a mixture of equal parts hydrogen peroxide and water. Then, use it to rinse your mouth after brushing. Use this treatment two or three times per week.
- This lets you get rid of tartar, prevent the growth of bacteria, and keeps your mouth healthy.
Eating an unpeeled raw apple at dessert is healthier than any other option. Also, it lets you clean your teeth naturally.
- By doing so, your dental plaque won’t accumulate. You’ll also have healthier gums and prevent bleeding.
The vitamin C in this citrus prevents microorganisms from growing on your teeth’s surface.
- You can drink orange juice every morning or rub the inside of an orange peel on your teeth before going to sleep.
5. Baking soda and aloe vera
This home remedy is a very effective way to remove tartar naturally. Furthermore, you can use it up to two times per week after brushing your teeth at night.
- 1 cup of water
- ½ cup of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable glycerin
- In a container, mix the water and baking soda well.
- Then, add the aloe vera gel and the essential oil.
- Add the glycerin.
- Shake it until you get a smooth paste; then, store the mixture in a glass container with a lid.
- Use it like toothpaste to brush your teeth on a daily basis.
Additional reading: 6 Ways to Use Aloe Vera for Better Health
6. Sesame seeds
The texture of sesame seeds gets rid of plaque and whitens your teeth.
- The procedure is simple: chew a tablespoon of sesame seeds without swallowing them.
- Then, brush your teeth using the paste you made with the seeds and your saliva.
- Rinse with a lot of warm water.
7. Strawberries and tomatoes
Both fruits are rich in vitamin C. If you rub them on your teeth, you’ll get rid of plaque. What’s more, you’ll whiten your teeth. Let it rest a few minutes before rinsing.
8. Anti-tartar toothpaste
Thanks to this homemade toothpaste, you can avoid the chemicals in conventional toothpaste.
Also, you can benefit from the ingredients’ goodness to remove tartar naturally and have healthier teeth.
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of stevia powder
- 20 drops of essential oil (of your choice)
- Put the coconut oil, baking soda, and stevia in a container.
- Then, mix them well and add an essential oil of your choice (for example, lemon, mint, or lavender).
- Mix until you get a smooth paste. Finally, store the mixture in a glass jar.
- Use this every day like you would a conventional toothpaste.
9. Carrots and celery
Raw vegetables protect your dental health. This is because they increase your saliva production and strengthen your teeth.
- Choose the ones that satisfy your appetite and work as a good snack between meals. For instance, you can use celery or carrots.
Want to know more? The Surprising Powers of Carrots
Nuts can help you if you eat them whole. This is because of how they rub against your teeth, removing plaque and tartar little by little.
- A handful per day of almonds removes any residue trapped in your teeth and gums.