Some Great Natural Remedies for Hemorrhoids
Millions of people suffer from this condition, and it can keep them from leading a normal lifestyle. When the veins of the rectum swell it can produce a lot of pain and discomfort. To try to alleviate those symptoms you can try some of the natural remedies for hemorrhoids that we’ll describe in today’s article.
What should you know about hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids are a very common problem today. Studies indicate that 50% of the world’s population suffers from hemorrhoids, both the internal and external variety. The most common causes of this problem include:
- Chronic constipation
- Frequent diarrhea
- A diet high in animal protein
- Lack of fiber
- Food allergies
- Leading a sedentary lifestyle
- And, finally, jobs that require straining or being on your feet for many hours
The most common symptoms experienced by those who suffer from hemorrhoids are:
- A tingling sensation
- Feeling of incomplete bowel movement
See also: What can cause hemorrhoids? What is the treatment?
How can you alleviate the symptoms of hemorrhoids?
If your hemorrhoids are caused by a poor diet, for example, try to add the following to your diet:
- Green leafy vegetables
You can also use home remedies for hemorrhoids to help to relieve the pain. Some of the most effective are:
Firstly, just cut a stalk of aloe vera (it’s best to keep a plant near the home) and scrape the gel from the inside. Then apply it to the affected area, and don’t forget to clean it beforehand to prevent infection.
Teas made with certain herbs can help you fight the symptoms of hemorrhoids. Some of the most recommended remedies for hemorrhoids are chamomile, horsetail grass, and Swiss chard.
- 1 handful of the leaves or flowers of the chosen herb
- 1 liter of water
- Firstly, heat the water to a boil and add the herb for five minutes. Then remove and let cool for 10 minutes.
- After that, strain off the liquid and place it in a bowl to make a bath (the water should be lukewarm).
- Soak the affected area in the bath for 10 minutes to feel immediate relief.
You can also eat raw Swiss chard to improve bowel movements and alleviate the pain caused by hemorrhoids.
- 1 bunch of Swiss chard
- Water, as needed
- Firstly, wash the leaves of Swiss chard and place them in a bowl.
- Then store them in the refrigerator for about three hours, until they’re very cool.
- After that, place the cold leaves of this plant over the affected area until they warm to your body temperature.
- You can repeat this up to three times a day.
- Peel and grate the potatoes. Wrap the grated potato in a cloth and then apply it to the affected area.
- Peel and cut slices of potato and then apply them to the affected area.
Either way, the idea is that the potato juice comes into contact with the swollen areas and eases your discomfort. There’s no need to rinse.
The water contained in tomatoes helps moisturize the area and reduce inflammation. Firstly, just cut a tomato in half (preferably stored in the fridge first to cool). Then apply some pressure on the affected area with the tomato. Leave it on for a few minutes before removing.
Home remedies for hemorrhoids
If you’ve tried all the other options and are looking for some remedies for hemorrhoids that are a little stronger, then try some of the following natural remedies:
Garlic, bay leaves, and cloves
These three ingredients have anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and healing properties. Together they work really well!
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cloves
- 1 pint of water
- Firstly, bring the water to a boil and chop the garlic. Then crush the bay leaves and cloves.
- After that, cook all ingredients for half an hour, remove from the heat, and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Finally, strain the liquid and soak a cloth in it. When the liquid has cooled, place the cloth over the affected area.
Chamomile and rose petals
Visit this article: Use Chamomile: natural treatment for hemorrhoids
Both of these ingredients are perfect for soothing sore skin around the affected areas.
- 1 tablespoon of dried chamomile flowers
- 2 roses
- 1 cup of wheat germ oil
- 2 tablespoons of beeswax
- 2 tablespoons of lanolin
- Firstly, stir the chamomile flowers in with the oil. Then add the petals from the rose to this mixture.
- After that, pour everything into a small saucepan and simmer over low heat for one hour, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, allow to cool, and then filter the liquid into a glass container.
- Finally, in a separate pan, melt the beeswax and lanolin. Add this to the glass container and allow the mixture to solidify slightly.
- Use this as an ointment whenever you experience pain or discomfort.
Dandelion, witch hazel, and celandine treatment
These three plants have numerous medicinal properties that can help reduce the symptoms of hemorrhoids. You can also use them to treat insect bites, eczema, or superficial wounds.
- 2 tablespoons of witch hazel
- 2 tablespoons of dandelion
- Two tablespoons of celandine
- 1 pint of water
- Firstly, bring the water to a boil and add the herbs. Allow them to simmer for 10 minutes before removing from heat and letting the mixture steep for another 10 minutes.
- After that, strain the liquid and soak a cotton ball or cloth in it. Then apply this as a compress to the affected area, waiting until the liquid is completely absorbed by the skin.
- Repeat this as often as needed to relieve pain or itching.