Rejuvenate Your Face with Ice Therapy
Did you know that ice can keep your skin healthy and beautiful? Find out how here.
The skin on your face is exposed daily to different factors that can accelerate the aging process and if not cared for, can cause changes in appearance that are aesthetically unpleasant. To counteract the damage caused by pollution, sun exposure and poor nutrition, the cosmetic industry has created an array of skin care products to renew and rejuvenate your face.
However, many of these products are costly and out of reach for most people, especially if you keep in mind people must use them every day. Luckily there are alternatives to care for and rejuvenate your skin without investing large sums of money. Time to get to know the benefits of facial treatment with ice!
Facial ice therapy is one of the natural methods that’s gaining popularity because of its effectiveness in toning and rejuvenating your skin every day. It’s an oriental therapy that’s popular all over the world, and that all women are using to keep their skin youthful without having to invest too much money.
What are the benefits of ice therapy to rejuvenate your face?
This technique to rejuvenate your face consists of rubbing ice cubes across your face in the morning and evening to moisturize, tone and prevent the early appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
These types of therapies have become routine beauty treatments in spas and beauty centers because they’ve been shown to be really effective at caring for the skin and rejuvenating it.
In general, ice therapy is ideal for:
- Stimulating blood flow to help rejuvenate the skin. This has been confirmed by the University of Extremadura in Spain.
- Renewing and toning your face without side effects.
- Preventing and fighting the early appearance of wrinkles (although there isn’t sufficient evidence to confirm this)
- Closing your pores and preventing blackheads.
- Reducing inflammation around the eyes and the bags that appear underneath. This study from the University of the Americas in Chile confirms this.
How do I apply a facial treatment with ice?
Ice therapy is really budget-friendly and doesn’t require a lot of effort. It’s important to be consistent with these types of treatments and make them a part of your normal beauty routine.
In order to apply this treatment daily, follow these steps:
- Before starting, deep clean your skin and make sure you have no makeup on.
- The ice should be wrapped in a cotton cloth or towel; don’t apply the ice directly to the skin.
- Rub the cloth across the different parts of your face, spending 1-2 minutes on each area.
- Massage with small, circular movements the jaw, chin, forehead, cheeks and around the nose. Be careful around the eyes.
- Finish the treatment by applying a natural facial toner or acne-fighting product.
You may be interested in:
How to apply ice therapy to skin with acne and pimples
To fight acne and unsightly pimples, it’s necessary to find the cause of the problem and use the appropriate treatment for your skin type.
However, ice can act as an additional help and refresh the skin and fight the excess oil associated with this problem. To do so, follow these steps:
- Rub the ice across the affected areas for 2-3 minutes, until the area feels cold to the touch.
- Don’t keep on the skin for longer than the recommended amount of time because it can cause pain and even burn the skin. This has been confirmed by the Hospital del Trabajador, in Santiago, Chile.
- After the ice therapy, apply your acne-fighting treatment.
Keep in mind…
This treatment should last for a maximum of 15 minutes and for best results you should do it both the morning and evenings.
For additional benefits to rejuvenate the skin, prepare the ice cubes with lemon, rose water, green tea, cucumber water, or chamomile tea, amongst other ingredients.