Is it Possible to Whiten Your Underarms and Neck Naturally?
Underarm and neck skin are prone to darken because more dead skin cells accumulate in these areas, due to the use of chemicals such as deodorants, antiperspirants, lotions, perfumes, and others. Just like sun exposure, these types of products can generate some dark patches on the skin.
This might make the skin look dirty or stained, which while not medically dangerous, can be visually or aesthetically unappealing. However, it is indeed possible to whiten your underarms and neck with natural remedies!
Tips to whiten your underarms and neck
A good skin care regimen is key to preventing and treating dark spots. For example, using products with alcohol can cause dead cells to stick to the skin, making a kind of burn that leads to darker, dirty-looking skin patches.
Our skin also undergoes various changes that can cause this type of stain when exposed to the sun.
The key to preventing these problems is to protect your skin from the sun, and learn how to choose suitable beauty products.
But if you’re already suffering from darkening in certain skin areas, we have some excellent home remedies that can help you naturally whiten your underarms and neck in no time.
When our underarms and neck darken, one of the main causes is the accumulation of dead cells. Therefore, before you start any treatment, it is very important to exfoliate these areas.
This is in order to stimulate the removal of dead cells and residue left by deodorants, lotions, or any other chemical product.
One of the best natural remedies, when you want to whiten your underarms and neck, is lemon juice. Lemon juice promotes the elimination of dead cells, in addition to having properties that help cleanse the skin naturally.
It is very important to note that it should only be applied at night. Because if lemon is applied and then exposed to sunlight, it can produce the opposite effect.
- Simply rub or apply the lemon juice on the areas that you want to treat.
- Then, leave it on for half an hour and then rinse with warm water.
- For an even better result, use a little rose water.
Coconut oil is full of properties that are beneficial for the skin.Besides being super moisturizing, it also softens the skin, promotes the elimination of dead cells, and leaves a pleasant smell.
It’s very easy! All you need to do is rub a little coconut oil on the neck and underarms every day.
Hydrogen peroxide is a great aid when you want to whiten the skin on your underarms and neck – and for all types of stains! It’s best to use 10 volume (V10 or 3%), but if it does not irritate your skin, you can use up to 20 volume (V20 or 6%).
- Apply the hydrogen peroxide to the affected area and leave it to work for 5 to 10 minutes initially.
- Wipe it off and dry the area.
- You can then repeat the procedure each day, increasing the time a little every time until you’re up to half an hour.
Exfoliating cream made from baking soda and lemon
Baking soda is another good ingredient that can help to remove dead skin cells. At the same time, it has skin whitening properties. This, combined with the power of lemon, makes it a great aid to whiten your underarms and neck.
You might like:Home Underarm Bleaching
- 3 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 lemon (juice)
- Some cotton swabs
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until it forms a paste.
- Once it is ready, apply it to the neck and underarms with the cotton swabs using a gentle circular massage.
- Leave to sit for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remember that due to its lemon content, it is important that you do this treatment only at night since exposure to the sun can cause the opposite effect.
Exfoliating cream made from oatmeal and honey
Oats and honey are two foods that are wonderful allies for skin beauty. They’re also useful for whitening stains naturally. These two ingredients promote the removal of dead cells, provide a deep clean, and give great results for perfect, blemish-free skin. For best results, you should also include some lemon juice.
You might like: 5 Face Masks for Smooth and Youthful Skin
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal
- Juice of one lemon
- Some cotton swabs
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until it forms into a paste.
- Then, massage it onto the underarms and neck with the cotton swabs. Use gentle circular movements.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes, and repeat this procedure twice a week.