Pears and Bananas for Gastritis
While natural treatments can help alleviate the discomfort associated with gastritis, if the problem persists it’s best to see a doctor.
Did you know that pears and bananas can help relieve the symptoms of gastritis?
Gastritis is one of the most common problems among society today and can occur at any time. There’s no limits – it can manifest in both children and adults.
Every person has a lining of cells in the stomach that protect it. There are also stomach acids that help breakdown food and aid in digestion. These acids can also lead to irritation and inflammation, however, due to normal wear and tear on the lining of your stomach.
Today, we want to tell you a little about this unpleasant condition and provide you with some natural treatment options with pears and bananas to help fight it.
The Causes of Gastritis
In addition, there are some other factors that can lead to it, such as:
- Prolonged use of painkillers
- Stomach ulcers
- Crohn’s disease
- Autoimmune diseases and other immune system disorders
- Viral infections
- Bad habits (such as smoking or alcohol abuse)
- Stomach surgery
- High stress
- Acid reflux
If you have this condition, you should remember that the most recommended treatment is to consume a diet that’s rich in foods like the following:
In addition, you should absolutely avoid consuming these:
- Foods with lots of saturated fat
- Acidic beverages or foods
- Spicy foods
- Dairy products
- Foods with lots of sugar
If you choose not to avoid the foods we listed above, it could cause your situation to worsen and the irritation to increase. This will have the opposite effect to what you want.
In addition, you also need to pay close attention to gastritis and take care of it immediately, because it can become a chronic disorder.
Read also: How to Treat Gastritis at Home
The Symptoms of Gastritis
Most cases of gastritis don’t have very noticeable symptoms at first. It’s easy to confuse this disorder with another digestive problem or normal stomach pain.
In the most severe cases, however, you’ll most likely notice the following:
- Abdominal pain: This is normally accompanied by a sensation of intense swelling. Most often, you’ll feel this after you’ve eaten something.
- Burning sensation: This is what is known as heartburn. It’s caused by the inflammation of the mucosa and becomes worse after eating certain foods like the ones we mentioned above.
- Loss of appetite: Due to the burning sensation and pain after eating, some people with this condition lose their appetite.
- Nausea and vomiting: Your stomach isn’t able to properly digest food and tries to expel the contents. In severe cases, there may be blood in the vomit due to damage to the inside of the stomach.
Pears and Bananas for Gastritis
Pears are a fruit that can help improve this condition thanks to their B vitamins (B1, B2, and B3), vitamins A and C, as well as fiber. They regulate your nervous and digestive systems.
Meanwhile, bananas are a fruit that contains a lot of fiber and protein, and are low in fat. This makes them a great source of energy that can speed up your digestion thanks to their mild laxative effects. They also help reduce irritation.
It’s recommended to only consume ripe pears and bananas for gastritis.
See also: 6 Healthy Habits on an Empty Stomach
- 1 pear or 10 tablespoons of pear flesh (150 g)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- Wash and peel both the pear and banana. Remove the seeds from the pear.
- Slice them and add both fruits to the blender with the cup of water and process.
- If you prefer a beverage that is less thick, add some more water.
- Drink this without straining to retain the fiber found in the fruit pulp.
Be sure to try this easy, natural treatment for gastritis with pears and bananas. It will help you fight this annoying condition so you can go about your day without any more discomfort.