Home-Made Remedies for Gastritis
Besides knowing the triggers of each individual case of gastritis, you can turn to some of these remedies to relieve your symptoms and improve your health.
Suffering from gastritis is very uncomfortable. The pain and burning that you feel in the upper part of your stomach rare very debilitating. Even though it isn’t dangerous, its symptoms are both very uncomfortable and unwanted. That’s why today we’ll be giving you some great home-made remedies for gastritis.
What is gastritis?
Gastritis is an inflammation of the gastric mucus. This is the tissue that’s in charge of protecting your stomach’s inner walls from your stomach acid. When it’s affected, the irritation can cause several reactions in your body.
There are several triggers for this disease. Among them are the following:
- Physical or psychological stress
- Infections caused by the Helicobacter pylori bacteria
- Alcohol and tobacco consumption
- And, finally, surgery
The complexity of gastritis
In general terms, diseases are usually characterized by a set of common or similar symptoms between patients. However, gastritis tends to vary from person to person. Depending on the severity, a gastroscopy may be needed.
Here are the most common symptoms:
- Stomach pain
- Stomach or heart burn
- Abdominal pain
- And, finally, blood in stools
Effective home remedies for gastritis
Home remedies for gastritis can be very effective. We’ll now share some of them with you.
Raw potatoes are an excellent option for treating gastritis. This is especially true if you use their juice. It has great antacid properties. Its properties reduce stomach inflammation, as well as the production of gases.
- 2 potatoes
- Firstly, peel two potatoes and grate them.
- Then, put them in a colander and squeeze them to get their juice.
How to drink it
- The resulting juice should be diluted in warm water. This gives it a more liquid consistency
- We recommend that you drink it at least three times per day. It could be once before each meal (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
This works in a similar way to potato juice. Because of this, it’s very effective for treating diseases like gastritis. It’s one of the easiest home alternatives to make and drink.
- 4 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of rice
- First of all, heat the water until it boils. Then add the rice.
- Let it cook for 8 minutes and then take it off of the heat.
- Finally, strain the rice and store the water.
- Wait until it cools. Drink it two times per day.
The properties in natural yogurt can help to prevent inflammation of your gastric mucus. This food has probiotics and Lactobacillus. Because of this, it reduces the Helicobacter pylori bacteria’s ability to colonize.
- Rather than buying yogurt, you can make it at home. In this way we can ensure it’s completely natural.
- To prevent or treat gastritis, you only need to have 3 cups of yogurt over the course of the day.
Read more: Easy-to-Make Natural Homemade Yogurt
Oats can effectively treat the inflammation and heart burn caused by gastritis. Also, thanks to their soluble fiber content, they have many benefits for your body in general.
- 1 cup of oats
- 2 cups of water
- Firstly, heat the water and then cook the oats for six minutes
- Don’t sweeten them with sugar
- You should drink this in the morning hours, during breakfast
See also: 13 Reasons to Eat Oats Every Morning
The last of our remedies for gastritis involves organic honey, which can help to fight gastritis. This is because it has properties that help to reduce your heart burn. In addition, it helps you to heal your gastric mucus and prevent the symptoms.
- 1 cup of water
- 2 or 3 table spoons of organic honey
- Heat a cup of water, but don’t make it too hot to drink.
- Add the honey, mix well, and drink it.
It’s recommended that you have this treatment for breakfast.