Water retention is a very common metabolic disorder in women. Although it’s not a disease in itself, it is a clinical sign that something is not right in our body.
If your ankles, legs, or abdomen are swollen, it’s often necessary to see a doctor. Occasionally, the cause of this problem is a poor diet or even certain hormonal changes.
However, experts warn us of something important. Water retention can hide a kidney, liver, or circulation problem.
This doesn’t mean that the problem is serious, but that our body cannot adequately remove toxins or other liquids.
This is, therefore, a problem that must be diagnosed. However, this common issue may be reversible. If we improve our lifestyle habits we will improve our health.
In today’s article, we will tell you about a remedy that can prevent water retention. If you take this parsley and lemon remedy you will see how you’ll gradually feel much better.
Water retention: a very common problem
There are people who are more susceptible to developing water retention. It is common that these people have the following physiological habits or particularities:
- Circulation problems.
- Are almost at the stage of menopause, as this often brings with it various episodes of water retention.
- Are overweight or obese.
- Have some heart disease.
- Have undergone various hormonal changes due to medication.
- Have hypothyroidism.
- Spend a lot of time standing.
You may find yourself identifying with one the aspects above. If so then there are several things you can do to prevent water retention. The first thing you can do, as we have said before, is to go to the doctor.
Secondly, you need to follow some kind of treatment if your specialist prescribes it. Last but not least, you need to improve your diet.
In patients with cardiac, renal or vascular conditions it’s recommended, above all, to restrict salt consumption. Also, it’s important to take into account another fact:
- Water retention is very common as we get older. Our veins lose elasticity. In turn, both our kidneys and liver no longer effectively remove water and toxins from the body.
- Moreover, if we have led a lifestyle where we have always had to stand, due to work conditions, for instance, then the problem is aggravated.
We can’t forget that certain behaviors tend to make correct body drainage more difficult.
Remedy with parsley and lemon to treat fluid retention
This simple morning remedy will help you reach the end of the day with more health and well-being. It’s easy to prepare and will above all guarantee better renal balance.
Benefits of parsley and lemon
Parsley is a plant with highly purifying properties. Thanks to its multiple antioxidants and vitamin C, it promotes the health of the liver and heart.
Nor can we forget that this vegetable takes care of the elasticity of our veins and arteries.
- It also favors correct blood circulation and its essential oils optimize the elimination of the accumulated liquids in our body.
- Lemon is a fruit that can do so much for our health.
- A good organic and pesticide-free lemon is a treasure trove of benefits.
- Lemon is one of the richest fruits in terms of vitamin C, citrates, malates, and potassium.
- These elements, especially the vitamin C find in lemons, will help us to take care of the maintenance and the generation of diverse body tissues and cells.
If you suffer from edema or water retention, then don’t hesitate to take this remedy. You should consume between two and three glasses of this lemon parsley remedy every day. It will detoxify your body as it’s a great diuretic.
- 1 fresh parsley branch
- 1 liter of water
- The juice of 1 lemon
- First, wash the parsley leaves well. After this, you’re going to prepare an infusion with this medicinal plant.
- To do this, boil a cup of water (250 ml) in a teapot and then add the sprig of parsley to the tea.
- Once the infusion ready, let it stand a few minutes.
- Next, you’re going to squeeze out the lemon juice. Don’t hesitate to take advantage of its peel also by cutting it into smaller pieces.
- Then in a large pitcher, add the remaining 3 cups of water, the lemon peels, the lemon juice and the infusion of parsley.
- Let the mixture stand for half an hour, and then pour this water into a glass bottle.
Drink your first glass on an empty stomach. Then drink the following two glasses half an hour before each meal.
You can do this treatment 7 days in a row once a month, or every 10 days. You will see the good results in no time.