Papaya, Apple, and Oat Smoothie to Help Balance Your Digestive System
Thanks to its digestive properties, this smoothie with papaya can be a great help for your digestive health. And, it can help you to have regular bowel movements.
People who suffer from digestive problems should try this delicious smoothie. It’s made with papaya, apple, and oats. The best part about it is that it may help balance your digestive system.
In this article, discover the surprising properties of this surprising smoothie that may help balance your digestive system and thus aid digestion.
Help improve your digestion with your diet
Digestive problems are usually a consequence of an imbalanced diet. However, there are also other physical and emotional factors that can affect your stomach, liver, and intestines.
In addition, you need to keep in mind that not every food will make you feel better if you suffer from a digestive disorder. It doesn’t matter if it’s healthy for you or not.
Read more here: Improve Your Digestion with This Papaya and Almond Milk Smoothie
No matter what, you need to eat a balanced and varied diet. Pay attention to the foods that make you feel better. Doing this lets you build your own diet.
Some foods may be very beneficial for almost everyone who suffers from some kind of digestive disorder. Below, we’re going to show you three of them. These can be drunk together as a smoothie.
Papaya is a tropical fruit that’s rich in sugar and fiber. It stands out due to its high beta-carotene content. These give it its characteristic orange color.
It’s also a source of vitamins A, B, and C. Thanks to its enzyme, papain, and other nutrients, papaya may be fantastic for your digestion. This is because it:
- Has anti-inflammatory properties: it may relieve pain and reduce inflammation in your whole digestive tract.
- May encourage digestion. This is especially true of foods that are rich in protein like meats and fish.
- May reduce stomach acid.
- Also, it may encourage intestinal movement without irritating your intestines.
- The crushed seeds may help fight intestinal parasites.
Apples are a very common fruit. Sometimes we don’t appreciate them because we always have them in reach.
- Apples may help stimulate gastric juices. This is thanks to histidine, which may be very beneficial for ulcers and gastritis.
- Their pectin helps manage your intestinal movement. This is both if you have a tendency to have constipation or diarrhea. Because of this, it’s great for helping manage diseases like irritable bowel syndrome.
- Malic acid encourages a healthy liver and gallbladder. As a result, it may help digest fats.
- Soluble fiber in apples may slow the absorption of glucose during the digestion process.
- It helps alkalinize your body.
- It may reduce bad breath.
We recommend always eating organic apples. This is because it’s a fruit that usually needs a lot of pesticides.
Oats are one of the best cereals that you can eat. This is because its nutritional values are fairly complete. They’re rich in vitamins, mineral fiber, and mucilage.
Among their many health benefits, we find that oats:
- Contain mucilage, which appears when you soak the oats. These are a kind of soluble fiber that helps lubricate and protect the inside of your digestive tract. This property may be very beneficial for gastritis and colitis problems.
- Help stimulate your liver’s functions and help you produce more lecithin.
- Are very filling.
- Help reduce bile acids.
- Help fight constipation.
- Besides these digestive properties, oats regulate your nervous system. This can be very beneficial for people who tend to feel butterflies in their stomach when they get nervous.
Papaya, apple, and oat smoothie for your digestive system
Below, we’re going to tell you how to make this papaya, apple, and oat smoothie. It’s both easy and natural.
- 1 papaya slice
- 1 apple
- 2 tablespoons of oats
- 1 cup of water
- Stevia to sweeten (optional, to taste)
What do you need to do?
- First, the night before, you need to let the oats soak in a cup of water.
- In the morning, blend the water and the oats together with the apple (if it’s organic, with its peel) and the papaya.
- You can add some of the papaya seeds if you want. However, don’t add any more than 10.
- If you want it to be more liquid, add more water.
- Finally, you can sweeten it with stevia.