A Papaya-Apple-Oat Shake to Improve Digestion
This delicious papaya-apple-oat shake helps complement your diet and also helps promote proper intestinal transit and thus, improve digestion. This is something that contributes to your daily well-being, no doubt.
Help improve your digestion with your diet
Digestive problems are usually a consequence of an imbalanced diet. However, there are also other physical and emotional factors that can affect your stomach, liver, and intestines.
In addition, you need to keep in mind that not every food will make you feel better if you suffer from a digestive disorder. It doesn’t matter if it’s healthy for you or not.
No matter what, you need to eat a balanced and varied diet. Pay attention to the foods that make you feel better. Doing this lets you build your own diet.
Check out how to Improve Your Digestion with This Papaya and Almond Milk Smoothie
Apple, oats, and papaya are three important sources of nutrients and thus, great support for the digestive system. In addition, they’re all delicious, especially their soft, appetizing texture.
According to experts in nutrition, papaya, a tropical fruit that’s rich in sugar and fiber, stands out due to its high beta-carotene content. It’s just where it gets its characteristic orange color.
It’s also a source of vitamins A, B, and C. Its texture is soft and juicy and its seeds are round and gelatinous.
The enzymes and overall nutrients in papaya have the following properties that can improve digestion:
- Has anti-inflammatory properties: it may relieve pain and reduce inflammation in your whole digestive tract
- It improves digestion, especially of food that’s rich in protein like meat
- It balances stomach acid
- Also, it encourages easy bowel movements
- The crushed seeds help get rid of intestinal parasites
Apples improve digestion
Apples are a common fruit that’s often undervalued due to the fact that are easy to find. As they say, “an apple a day, keeps the doctor away.”
- Apples may help stimulate gastric juices thanks to the histidine it contains.
- Their pectin encourages proper bowel movements and can relieve either constipation or diarrhea. Thus, it’s great against diseases like irritable bowel syndrome.
- Malic acid is great for liver and kidney health and thus, helps digest fats.
- The soluble fiber in apples may slow the absorption of glucose during the digestion process.
- Apples help reduce bad breath.
Check out this Apple Cider Vinegar, Ginger, and Honey Digestive Tonic
This is one of the best cereals anyone can eat as it’s quite wholesome when it comes to nutritional value. They’re rich in vitamins, mineral fiber, and mucilage. Among their many health benefits, we find that oats:
- Contain mucilage, which appears when you soak the oats. These are a kind of soluble fiber that helps lubricate and protect the inside of your digestive tract. This property may be very beneficial for gastritis and colitis problems.
- Help stimulate your liver’s functions and help you produce more lecithin.
- Are very filling.
- Help reduce bile acids.
- Help fight constipation.
Eat for your Heart Health: Oats and Apples
A papaya-apple-oat smoothie to improve digestion
Now that you know what are the health benefits provided by these three main ingredients, let’s get to the delicious recipe with which to enjoy them and reap their benefits.
- 1 apple
- 1 c. of water
- 2 tbsp of oats
- A slice of papaya
- Firstly, cover the oats in the water the night before
- In the morning, blend it along with the apple (peel and all if it’s organic) and the papaya
- You may add some of the papaya seeds if you like, no more than 10 of them
- Add more water if you want a runnier consistency
- Serve it and enjoy this shake as part of a breakfast or a simple snack and improve your digestion
Skip the extra sweeteners
Try not to add extra sugar or sweeteners to this shake as the idea here is to benefit from the natural properties of the fruit and improve digestion. However, you may add a teaspoon of honey if you want it sweeter.
Finally, you can use an oat beverage or an infusion, such as chamomile, instead of water.