Natural Remedies for Urinary Incontinence
Urinary incontinence is an uncomfortable problem that many people experience. Learn how to bring your control and confidence back with these great natural remedies.
Urinary incontinence is a very uncomfortable problem.
Those who suffer from it know that they have no control over their bladder and experience psychological consequences that arise due to knowing the have no control.
To raise the patient’s self-esteem, it’s important to know whether they have chronic incontinence or whether their incontinence is reversible.
Regardless of this factor, there are some very useful natural solutions to help alleviate this condition.
Let’s take a look at some.
Fennel is a plant that has diuretic properties.
It may seem contradictory to consume this ingredient as it helps contain urine. However, the truth is that it makes it much easier to empty your bladder completely every time you go to the bathroom.
Thus, it makes it more difficult for urine to escape from your bladder and it will take longer to fill up again.
- 2 tablespoons of fennel seeds (20 g)
- 1 cup water (250 ml)
- Heat the water and, when it comes to boil, add the fennel seeds.
- Leave the mixture to infuse 10 minutes and then strain it.
- Wait until it cools down before consuming it and take it once a day.
Raspberry leaf infusion
This drink will help strengthen the muscles in the area in question and hence will reduce the frequency of urinary leakage.
To make this great infusion, all you need to do is follow the same method you would to make any other infusion. It’s easy!
- 1 tablespoon of raspberry leaves (not seeds)
- 1 cup of water
- Put the water to boil and add the raspberry leaves.
- Wait 10 minutes before straining the infusion and drinking it.
- You should consume it once a day.
Garlic can also be a great ally for people suffering from urinary incontinence.
- 1 head of garlic
- A bunch of white hawthorn flowers
- 1 liter of water
- To combat urinary incontinence, you must add a head of crushed garlic and a bunch of white hawthorn flowers to a liter of boiling water.
- Once the solution hot is, strain the liquid and pour it into the bath, so that you can bathe in it once a day.
- These baths should go hand-in-hand with infusions such as the fennel or raspberry funny mentioned above.
Bearberry leaves, which you can find in any herbal store, can also be one of the most useful solutions for urinary incontinence.
Once again, you’ll have to consume them as an infusion.
- 1 tablespoon of bearberry leaves (10 g)
- 1 liter of water
- Add one tablespoon of bearberry leaves per liter of water for infusion.
- Drink one cup of this infusion every three hours, but don’t drink more than four or five cups of it a day.
Note: If you have kidney problems or inflammation, you shouldn’t consume this remedy and instead should choose another remedy in this list.
Warm water exercises
Strengthening your muscles is another key to improving urinary incontinence.
What you should do
- To do this, fill a bidet with warm water and sit down. If you don’t have a bidet, use any other appliance that you can fill with water and sit down in. Begin to contract all the muscles of your genital region for five seconds, and repeat this exercise.
- Rest for about ten seconds and then contract your muscles again.
- Repeat this exercise in the water for a total of 10 times.
You will notice how your muscles will gain strength little by little. You’ll also notice that you won’t have as many urinary leakages as before or they may be less pronounced, which will help you gain confidence.
Exercises that can help you
Some exercises, such as lying on your back with your knees bent and feet slightly apart, will allow you to contract the rectum, urethra, and in the case of women, also the vagina.
Keep the area tight and slowly count to three.
Continue with this simple gesture, slowly releasing the tension exerted on the muscles and repeat this process between five and ten times.
This is an exercise that goes hand-in-hand with steady, comfortable breathing and that prevents you from tightening your stomach, thigh or buttock muscles instead.
Check your abdomen with your hand to make sure your stomach area is relaxed and that you’re not pushing in the wrong zone.
Give these great remedies a try!