Acne Scars and Skin Health
We have all suffered from the uncomfortable annoyances of acne in our youth, which are related to hormonal changes and affect the way our face looks. But just as unpleasant are the marks left uncured from acne’s inflammatory process. In this article, we’ll be talking about acne scars and skin health.
To understand a bit more about what acne scars are, and what they are caused by, we must first understand that pimples are a enlargement caused by oil in the skin glands that accumulate bacteria and more oil. These frequently primarily effect the face and back. Acne can be mild or serious, simple white pimples or blackheads, or can develop into painful cysts full of puss underneath the skin.
Also Read: How to Purify Bacteria in Your Air
It is these nodules that are most likely to leave scars on the skin, especially if you touch them. Manipulating them always ends up in greater infection that causes those uncomfortable marks on the skin.
Types of acne scars
- Discolored scars: marks that remain even though the pimple or blackhead has disappeared. They have a rose-colored pigment, or can even be brown. The make the skin ugly, and take a long time to disappear.
- Pits or indents: Hollowing in the skin caused by acne damage that once had puss in it. This is caused by us, when we try to pop the pimple.
Acne scars and skin health: how to improve skin health
The following natural remedies promote your skin health. They will help keep your skin as healthy as possible despite having acne scars.
- Aloe vera: the meaty pulp from the leaves contain vegetable extracts that have incredible regenerative properties. They are well known for their benefits to skin. Some of these are relevant for acne scars and skin health. Use a bit of aloe pulp – at least a teaspoonful – and apply it to your skin. Let it set for 30 minutes. Wash with warm water afterwards.
- Baking soda: sodium bicarbonate is an effective exfoliant, and is good for acne scars and skin health. Moisten your face and apply a pinch of baking soda for a few seconds on your skin. Later, wash with warm water. You don’t need to use this remedy heavily.
- Lemon: is good for skin health, you can use it before going to bed. Moisten a cotton ball with lemon juice and apply to scars for roughly 15 minutes. It is important to never expose yourself to the sun while you have lemon juice on your face, as this could damage your skin. Always apply at night.
- Tomato: possesses anti-exfoliant properties and is also rich in beta-carotenes, which are perfect for taking care of our skin. To take advantage of its properties, cut the tomato into slices and leave on your skin for 10 minutes. If you have a little bit more time, you can also make an excellent tonic with tomato juice and cucumber. Blend a tomato and half a cucumber in a blender, and moisten the affected areas with this amazing tonic on a bit a cotton.
- Vitamin E: This vitamin is indispensable for caring for our skin. You can find it in pharmacies and herbal stores. Vitamin E in perfect for creating shining, healthy-looking skin. Take Vitamin E into account when dealing with acne scars and skin health.