Three Natural Fat-Burning Smoothies
Natural fat-burning smoothies help you burn fat and are healthy and easy to prepare at home and they’re better than any commercial drink.
There are many ways to slim our bodies down, and some are more effective than others. One healthy and delicious alternative to burning fat is by taking natural fat-burning smoothies. There are made with natural foods, such as fruits, seeds, nuts, vegetables, and greens.
So, if you don’t have the time or desire to strictly follow a diet, try these healthy and effective options when trying to knock off a few pounds.
Note: don’t forget if you’re diabetic or suffer from any medical complication you should consult a specialist before starting any type of diet or introducing new food to your diet.
Fruits and vegetables, natural fat-burning allies
Vegetables are our best allies when it comes to burning fat and losing weight healthily.
When combined correctly, fruit, vegetables, and other plants are the ideal ingredients for making weight loss both delicious and beneficial for our body.
Here are a few recipes to try so you can start enjoying these healthy combinations.
1. Green tea and pineapple smoothie
The first natural smoothie to help you burn fat is a combination of green tea and pineapple, two ingredients with diuretic properties that come in handy to reduce inflammation, as well as expel retained liquids.
- 1 glass of water
- The juice of half a squeezed lemon
- 1 tbsp. of green tea
- A slice of pineapple cut into small pieces
- Optional: 1 tbsp. of honey
- Firstly, heat the water. When it comes to the boil, remove it from the heat and add the tea. Then let the mixture stand until it cools down; strain it.
- Pour this liquid into the blender along with the rest of the ingredients and blend until you get a smooth mixture.
- Eat it on an empty stomach in the morning or 45 minutes after eating breakfast.
2. Watermelon, melon, and lemon smoothie
The second natural smoothie helps you burn fat and is refreshing and delicious. This watermelon, melon, and the lemon smoothie will also help you expel retained liquids, deflate and burn fat. If you enjoy it without honey, sugar, or any sweetener, all the better!
- The juice of 1 squeezed lemon
- ½ a cup of melon
- 4 cups of watermelon
- Optional: 1 tablespoon of honey
- Blend all the ingredients together until you get a homogenous juice.
- Drink with your breakfast or an hour before doing exercise.
- Remember to moderate your sweetener. Avoid adding more than a teaspoon.
3. Pineapple and celery natural fat-burning smoothies
If you’d rather not use green tea to make a diuretic pineapple smoothie, you can opt for celery. This food has a high water and fiber content, so it’s good for eliminating retained liquids and, of course, burn fat.
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 cup of water
- 3 slices of pineapple without the peel
- Optional: Ice cubes
- Blend all the ingredients together and consume the smoothie straight away to take advantage of its benefits.
- Drink it as part of your breakfast or late morning snack.
- For an extra touch, add some mint leaves.
Benefits of the main ingredients in natural fat-burning smoothies
Let’s take a took at some of the benefits of each of the main components in these natural fat-burning smoothies. Check them out:
In addition to having diuretic properties that help us detox the body, celery is a very low-calorie vegetable – it contains only 16 calories per 100 grams.
It also stands out for its content in fiber, which helps us to stay fuller for longer. Likewise, it’s been proven through studies in rats that it can help control high blood pressure.
See also 5 Incredible Little-known Benefits of Celery
Pineapple is one of the best ingredients for natural fat-burning smoothies
Almost 85% of pineapple is water, so apart from being detoxifying and hydrating, it also makes us full. In turn, it’s also a laxative, so it helps us regulate intestinal transit and avoid constipation.
Green tea is well known for its antioxidant effects and its properties that help lower cholesterol and blood triglyceride. In addition, it blocks the absorption of carbohydrates and helps us to break down localized fat.
Watermelon is a fruit rich in water, so it’s both a diuretic and helps us eliminate toxins and reduce inflammation and swelling. In addition, it’s very low in calories. In fact, it only contains 30 calories per 100 grams.
On the other hand, it’s a fruit rich in lycopene, a carotenoid present in other fruits such as grapefruit or tomato. This compound makes watermelon have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
Cantaloupe is great for natural fat-burning smoothies
This is another low-calorie fruit, with only 34 calories per 3.5 oz. It also has laxative properties and helps prevent fluid retention. It also stands out for containing numerous antioxidants, including beta-carotene and vitamin C.
Honey is a natural sweetener that can help you gradually get off of white sugar and other related substances, but remember that it’s very rich in calories and if you don’t consume it in moderation, it won’t provide any benefits to your health.
According to the experts of the Spanish Heart Foundation, in addition to sugars, honey contains several vitamins (C, B1, B2, B3, B5), minerals (phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, silicon, iron, manganese, iodine, zinc, gold, and silver), folic acid, organic acids (citric, lactic, phosphoric) and essential amino acids, sterols, phospholipids, flavonoids, polyphenols, and enzymes.
Tips for using these natural fat-burning smoothies
While no specialist would object to you regularly eating fruits and vegetables, keep in mind that everything must be done in moderation, within a balanced diet, which takes into account the needs and particularities of everybody.
When in doubt, it’s always good to ask your doctor or nutritionist for advice.
Remember that if you want to burn fat and lose weight, in addition to consuming these smoothies it’s highly recommended that you:
- Follow a balanced diet
- Perform physical activities that are appropriate for your capabilities
- Try to get between 7 and 8 hours of sleep at night
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Baladia, E., Basulto, J., Manera, M., Martínez, R., & Calbet, D. (2014). Efecto del consumo de té verde o extractos de té verde en el peso y en la composición corporal; revisión sistemática y metaanálisis. Nutricion Hospitalaria. https://doi.org/10.3305/NH.2014.29.3.7118
- Cruz Bojórquez Reyna María, González Gallego Javier, Sánchez Collado Pilar. Propiedades funcionales y beneficios para la salud del licopeno. Nutr. Hosp. [Internet]. 2013 Feb [citado 2018 Oct 22] ; 28( 1 ): 6-15. Disponible en: http://scielo.isciii.es/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&;pid=S0212-16112013000100002&lng=es. http://dx.doi.org/10.3305/nh.2013.28.1.6302.
- Yusni Y, Zufry H, Meutia F, Sucipto KW. The effects of celery leaf (apium graveolens L.) treatment on blood glucose and insulin levels in elderly pre-diabetics. Saudi Med J. 2018 Feb;39(2):154-160. doi: 10.15537/smj.2018.2.21238.