Microwaved Mushrooms: A Quick and Easy Recipe
Who hasn’t ever looked for an easy, quick, healthy recipe that’s guaranteed to be a success? In the following article, we’ll tell you how to prepare microwaved mushrooms step by step. They’re ready in a few minutes and are very tasty and light.
This is one of those infallible dishes that you’ll want to prepare every day. Our advice is to cook it as an appetizer, to accompany meat or fish, or as a delicious and healthy appetizer at the same time!
Cooking with mushrooms
Cooking mushrooms in the microwave is an easy, quick, and healthy way to introduce mushrooms into your daily diet. Although on a botanical level they’re mushrooms, on a food level they’re grouped with the rest of the vegetables.
The right choice is very obvious when choosing them, whether mushrooms, trumpets, chanterelles, or morels. All of them are low in cholesterol, sodium, and calories while providing numerous nutrients, including fiber, potassium, copper, selenium, antioxidants, and B vitamins.
In the kitchen, they’re good with multiple preparations and there are a large number of recipes for cooking them, such as omelets, stir-fry, grilled, sautéed, or in meat and rice stews.
Although it’s not very common to prepare them in the microwave, this offers the possibility of doing it in a clean, fast, and, in general, safe way. And without worrying about watching or stirring from time to time. We encourage you to try it!
Discover: What Is Batch Cooking?
Microwaved mushrooms recipe
A simple and light dish with a touch of extraordinary flavor thanks to the final dressing. So let’s get to it!
Ingredients needed for its preparation
- 14 ounces (400 grams) of fresh mushrooms
- 3 cloves of garlic
- A few parsley leaves to taste
- 3 spoonfuls of extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and black pepper
Step by step recipe
- The first task is to cut the foot and wash the mushrooms to remove all the soil they may have. To do this they can be rubbed underwater or pass a brush. Dry and set aside.
- Next, peel and slice the garlic cloves and chop the parsley. Mix them in a bowl with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Now it’s time to slice the mushrooms and place them in a microwave-safe dish. Drizzle with the dressing.
- Cover with an upside-down plate and cook at maximum power for about 6 minutes. If, on the contrary, you prefer them more done, leave a couple of minutes more.
- Before serving, add salt and pepper and finish adding the rest of the dressing.
A quick and easy option: Microwaved mushrooms with cheese
This other way of cooking mushrooms in the microwave is characterized by the powerful flavor of the feta cheese that combines beautifully with the mushrooms.
Ingredients to prepare it
- 7 grams (200) grams of large mushrooms
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 7 grams (200) of feta cheese
- Salt and pepper
Steps to follow
- To start, wash the mushrooms and make sure to remove all the soil they may contain. Carefully remove the stem so as not to break the mushroom. If they’re in good condition, they can be reserved for use in other dishes, such as a rice stew or pasta sauce.
- Next, dice the cheese into cubes the same size as the mushrooms.
- Place the mushrooms on a platter and fill with the cheese. Season each one with salt and pepper and pour a little olive oil on top. Place in the microwave and cook for 4 minutes at maximum power.
- To obtain an even better result, let it sit three more minutes inside. Before serving, sprinkle with a little oregano.
Discover more recipes: Six Recipes that Are Rich in Vitamin C
Microwaved mushrooms is a good way to include vegetables in your diet
In conclusion, microwaved mushrooms can become a regular in the daily diet. Knowing simple and varied vegetable recipes is interesting, as specialists recommend recommended to have lots of them in any diet. In the case of mushrooms, health scientists have named them as sources of beneficial compounds for the organism, beyond their nutritional value.
In addition, one of the advantages of mushrooms is that they can be seasoned with aromatic plants or spices that you like and expand the range of flavors to never get bored. They combine well with garlic, parsley, basil, coriander or oregano. Spicy lovers have the option of adding a pinch of ginger or cayenne powder.
When buying mushrooms, freshness is the best indicator of quality. They should be firm, free of mold and not moist to the touch. They keep well in an open paper bag in the refrigerator for about 5 days. Before use, wash with a cloth or brush and rinse under water.It might interest you...