The Medicinal Properties and Benefits of Mint
Mint is also known as mentha, spearmint and peppermint. It is a plant that is regularly used in the preparation of certain dishes, mainly to give them aroma. Certain medicinal drinks and cocktails also contain this special plant. The properties and benefits of mint are many and varied.
Many therapeutic treatments use this therapeutic plant because of its multiple benefits and its numerous properties that contribute to good health.
Benefits of mint
- One of the most important properties and benefits of mint is that it helps to combat digestive problems. This is especially true in cases of indigestion, flatulence and stomach pain or colic.
- It is also important for the treatment of the respiratory tract because it contains certain components that are powerful expectorants.
- This medicinal herb is quite effective when treating menstrual cramps.
- Mint contains components that are very effective for treating anxiety problems. These same components act by relaxing us and preventing possible consequences of this condition.
- Mint is very effective as an antiseptic and painkiller. Because of this, we recommend its use in the treatment of injuries. How can we use it in this way? By preparing an infusion that is full of mint, we can clean a wound, feeling immediate relief from the pain and helping to cure it more quickly. In addition, we can use it on certain types of burns. For the treatment of burns, mixing the infusion with a small amount of olive oil is very effective. You then need to apply this mixture directly to the burn, which helps to avoid stinging and a possible infection.
- This wonderful plant is very effective in eliminating bad breath. The reason for this is that the scent of mint is very pleasant and it can stay with you for the whole day. Menthol, one of its main components is excellent for this purpose. Furthermore, it is very refreshing.
- Using mint, you can prepare a delicious and relaxing tea to drink before bedtime. This helps us to have a peaceful, relaxing and restorative sleep.
- Mint infusions come highly recommended in order to eliminate gases found in the digestive tract, which can produce flatulence.
Read more: Discover the Uses and Properties of Mint
Preparing mint infusions
Preparing an infusion with mint is quite simple. You just need to keep in mind that the leaves that you are going to use must be soft or tender. After that, boil a pint of of water (leaving a few tender mint leaves to the side in a pitcher). When the water is boiling, add it to the pitcher containing the mint leaves and cover it for about twenty minutes.
After that, strain the mixture using a colander and you can drink your first cup of mint tea (of the three that you should drink every day).
Read more: Home Remedies with Spearmint Leaves
You have seen the many benefits of min, a plant that most people believe is only good for stomach pains and for flavoring foods. It is very important for us to take an interest in discovering the great benefits that medicinal plants can offer to our health.
Moreover, it is good to know that with plants, we don’t experience problems of side effects. However, we must pay attention to recommendations regarding sensible usage.It might interest you...