Home Remedies with Spearmint Leaves
Spearmint for digestion
This plant helps relieve stomach problems by relaxing the smooth muscles in the digestive system.
- ½ cup of spearmint leaves (100 g)
- ½ cup of green tea (100 g)
- 3 tablespoons of honey (75 g)
- 4 cups of hot water (1 liter)
- One large glass jar
- Pour the liter of hot water into the glass jar and add in the spearmint and green tea.
- Cover and leave to sit for an hour. After, strain and add the honey or a sweetener of your choice.
- Mix well. Strain the tea again, put the top on and shake.
- Leave to sit for twenty-four hours.
- Drink two cups (50 to 75 milliliters) each day after meals for one month.
Also read: Teas that Fight Digestion Problems
Spearmint remedy for a clean liver
Spearmint is a powerful medicinal plant that’s loaded with benefits and properties for a healthy body.
For the second remedy on our list, we’d like to teach you how to use spearmint to treat hepatic problems at home naturally.
This incredible natural remedy will also help you improve your overall health. We have no doubt that once you know all of its benefits, you’ll always keep this herb around at home.
- ½ cup of fresh spearmint (100 g)
- Zest of one lemon
- 8 cups of mineral water (2 liters)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 g)
- 1 citric fruit of your choice (orange, guava, lemon, etc.)
- Mix the two liters of mineral water with the fresh spearmint (previously washed) together in a pot.
- After, bring the water to a boil and boil the water for five more minutes.
- When five minutes have passed, remove from heat and leave to cool.
- While the water cools, juice the citric fruit of your choice and the add the juice to the mixture.
- Mix in the lemon zest.
- Sweeten with pure honey to finish the tea.
- In order to enjoy the benefits that this tea offers for the liver, drink one cup every morning on an empty stomach for one week. After, rest from the treatment for one week then start over again.
Spearmint remedy for stomachaches that you can make at home
Home remedies that make use of spearmint are great for fighting gas, intestinal cramps and other many other problems that can effect our stomach, preventing us from enjoying feeling our best.
- ¼ cups of spearmint (50 g)
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of honey (7.5 g)
- Heat up the water. When it starts to boil, add the spearmint leaves.
- Remove from heat and leave the water to cool for a maximum of 15 or 20 minutes.
- Strain the tea and remove the leaves.
- Add the teaspoon of honey and enjoy.
- We recommend that you have a use this remedy two or three days a week. (Two times a day: one on an empty stomach and the other before going to bed)
Spearmint for cough
The flu, colds, allergies and other viral or bacterial infections are among the main causes for coughs that we just can’t seem to stop.
Though there are many medicines available that can help you stop your cough efficiently, you can always complement them with a home-made spearmint remedy to help speed up your recovery.
- 5 tablespoons of spearmint leaves (75 g)
- 1 cup of mineral water (200 ml)
- Wash the spearmint leaves thoroughly to remove any particles.
- Bring the mineral water to a boil and add the spearmint leaves.
- Remove from heat and cover, leaving to cool for 15 minutes.
- Strain and sip slowly.
- We recommend having a cup after recovering from a cough to prevent relapsing into it.
Spearmint remedy for earaches
Spearmint is a plant that’s not only special for its lovely aroma and relaxing properties, but it’s also makes the perfect natural and effective remedy for earaches.
In addition, spearmint combines perfectly with conventional medication and helps earaches feel better quicker.
Some problems can become quite uncomfortable and might even seem like a flu or cold symptom because of the earwax accumulation in the inner-ear.
- ½ cup of spearmint (100 g)
- 1 cotton ball
- ½ cup of water (100 ml)
- Heat up the spearmint leaves in the water.
- When the water is boiling, remove from heat and let cool for 45 minutes.
- Take the cotton ball and dip it in the water.
- Apply 3 drops of the water into the affected ear.
We recommend that you read: 9 Tips to Clean Ears Safely
Relieve migraines with spearmint
There are many men and women who suffer from frequent headaches and they often ask how to soothe their pain by using natural ingredients?
Fortunately, there are a multitude of plants that can treat the resulting problems that come with a migraine. Migraines might even cause nausea, vomiting and light sensitivity.
- ½ cup of spearmint leaves (100 g)
- One cup of mineral water (200 ml).
- Bring the water to a boil and, when ready, add the spearmint and remove from heat.
- Let the infusion cool for 15 or 20 minutes.
- After 15 or 20 minutes, strain and sip slowly.
Spearmint will be a huge aid for when you want use home remedies to fight common health problems because it’s a plant that’s rich in relaxing and anti-inflammatory properties.