Medicinal Plants to Improve Your Memory
Alternative medicine has a lot of great medicinal plants for recovering from memory loss. Above all, they strengthen the mind and improve your ability to remember daily experiences and situations. Today, we’re going to talk about how to use medicinal plants to improve your memory, and which ones are best.
The ones you should use for this kind of treatment are rich in components that help your body retain acetylcholine for longer, along with antioxidants. These prevent brain tissue damage caused by free radicals. You should also look out for plants with estrogen, because it’s great for memory function.
Let’s look at the best medicinal plants to improve your memory:
This plant has a large amount of choline. It’s one of the parts of acetylcholine, so having a fava infusion every day can make a big difference in strengthening the brain and recovering memory.
Fenugreek, which also goes by the name samudra methi, is another plant high in choline. You should include this medicinal plant in your daily diet as a tea or an infusion. It’s best to have two cups per day.
This plant is rich in antioxidants, which can help your cells retain acetylcholine. You can prepare it as an infusion and drink two glasses a day, once or twice a week.
Rosemary: one of the best medicinal plants to improve your memory
Rosemary has many antioxidant properties, which are key to protecting acetylcholine from damage caused by free radicals. It’s a great medicinal plant for your memory, and making a rosemary infusion is super easy.
- Boil 1 cup of water and add a tablespoon of rosemary flowers.
- Cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Drink a small cup of it twice a day.
Discover the Incredible Uses and Benefits of Rosemary
You can use rosemary oil for massages, especially on the neck and forehead. You can also use it as a mother tincture by adding some drops to the daily bath water.
You can do massages with fennel oil just the way you do with rosemary oil. This means you can do them on the neck and head (if possible). Massaging these areas helps the person receiving the massage feel better and much more relaxed.
Having nettle every day is important for producing estrogen, which can boost mental output. Regularly ingesting this herb can help improve issues related to memory loss, and doesn’t create any problems if you eat it every day. So, making it part of your routine can help protect you from memory loss for a long time.
So, how does all this sound? Are you thinking about using these medicinal plants to improve your memory now? They’re great whether you’re already having problems or are just worried about prevention, so give them a try!
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Akram M. Nawaz A. Neural Regen Res. Department of Eastern Medicine and Surgery. The University of Poonch, Pakistan. Effects of medicinal plants on Alzheimer’s disease and memory deficits. (2017). https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28553349
- Dhingra, Milind P., Kulkarni S. Medicinal Plants and memory. Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology. (2003). https://www.researchgate.net/publication/287851907_Medicinal_plants_and_memory
- Blog La Panta Medicinal. 10 beneficios del Hinojo para nuestra salud. (2015) http://laplantamedicinal.com/hinojo-10-beneficios-del-hinojo-para-nuestra-salud/