Delicious Meatballs in Spanish Sauce Homemade Recipe
This meatballs in Spanish sauce recipe is a different way of preparing this traditional dish while packing on more beneficial nutrients.
Preparing recipes with ground meat is quite easy. If anything stands out about this recipe is the way in which they have adapted it in Spain. This meatballs in Spanish sauce recipe is different because it includes a yummy sauce that contains truly amazing and Mediterranean ingredients. Today, you’re going to discover if it’s true that you can get to know the world through food.
This meatballs in Spanish sauce recipe is a unique creation that you’ve probably never had before. Moreover, the thing that stands out about this recipe isn’t the meatballs per se, but the seasoning and yummy sauce.
If you like to tweak the classic recipes that you know or the traditional way of distributing your menus during the week, this recipe is a great alternative for you! Give yourself the opportunity to learn more about other cultures with this recipe.
The secret is making sure that the sauce is out of this world. Spaniards have included Mediterranean elements in their cuisine that give this meatballs in Spanish sauce recipe its unique taste.
In this article, we’ll share the two-part recipe. The first part explains what the sauce includes and how to make it. The second part explains how to make the meatballs and the rest of the steps to complete the recipe.
If you’re wondering whether this recipe is good for you or not, there’s no need to worry! Meat and animal proteins are part of a balanced diet and have unique properties for your body. So don’t hesitate to make this amazing recipe today!
How to Make Meatballs in Spanish Sauce
How to Make the Sauce
As you know, this is the key to this recipe. Thus, you must follow the steps carefully. Don’t worry, they’re easy to follow and this sauce is fast to make.
- 2 onions
- 1 cup of white wine (250 ml)
- 2 carrots
- 1 tablespoon of salt (15 g)
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (15 ml)
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of wheat flour (15 g)
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- For starters, finely chop the onions, garlic, and carrots. Add the olive oil to a frying pan and saute the vegetables.
- You’ll know when to stop when they’re golden brown and start smelling delicious.
- Now, season with salt and a pinch of ground black pepper.
- You’ll have to incorporate the flour immediately after and then let simmer. This step is very important!
- Lower the heat and add the cup of wine. Let cook for 25 minutes.
- Finally, if you notice that the sauce has over-thickened and is lumpy, you can add some water.
How to Make the Meatballs
- 4 cups of ground beef (400 g)
- 2 cups of ground pork (200 g)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese (45 g)
- 1 slice of bread cut into small pieces
- 2 finely chopped sprigs of parsley
- 1 tablespoon of ground black pepper (15 g)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil (45 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of salt (15 g)
You should also read this article: What is Lean Protein and How can it Help Your Diet?
- First, put the bread with the grated onions in a medium bowl that fits into your hand.
- Mix with your hands until the juice the onions release soaks the bread.
- Incorporate both types of meat, the eggs, garlic, and Parmesan cheese and keep kneading. Season and integrate all the ingredients.
- With the help of a large spoon, make your meatballs. If you wish, you can add a touch of wheat flour so the meat sticks together better.
- Repeat until you have no meat left and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a hot frying pan over medium heat and fry your meatballs until they’re golden brown.
- Finally, place them in a large bowl and pour the Spanish sauce on top.
And that’s it: your meatballs are ready! Enjoy!