Masks to Straighten Hair Naturally
Straighten hair naturally with the following natural masks that you can make with basic household items!
It’s common to dream of having smooth and silky hair like the models in magazines, on runways, and in the news. Nevertheless, the treatments that have been available up until today can be very damaging to the scalp and hair, usually because of heat. In this article, find out the best ways to straighten hair naturally, and say goodbye to chemicals and the flatiron.
You might also like: Four Ways to Straighten Your Hair Naturally Without an Iron
Mask Recipes to Straighten Hair Naturally
To straighten hair naturally and help it grow longer and get shinier and stronger, forget conventional treatments and keep reading!
- Straightening milk mask: All you need is a cup of milk and half a cup of water. Put them in a spray bottle and apply uniformly throughout the hair. Let it sit for 25 minutes and then towel dry. Comb thoroughly, wash and rinse. You can repeat this treatment up to three times a week for best results.
- Smoothing olive oil mask: Without a doubt, olive oil is one of the beauty industry’s greatest allies (as well as the food industry’s). For this recipe you’ll need 30 grams of olive oil, one capsule of jasmine oil (or a teaspoon of essential oil), and 30 grams of ammonia-free conditioner or your favorite natural conditioner. Blend these three ingredients until they form a cream. Apply it to hair after shampooing, but before conditioning. Let it sit for 20 minutes and then rinse thoroughly. Comb and let the hair dry naturally without using a hairdryer.
These Fruity Masks Smell Great!
- Smoothing coconut hair mask: This homemade cream for straight hair requires a few ingredients that can easily be found at any grocery store. You need the meat from half of a fresh coconut, a tablespoon of oats, a tablespoon of cornstarch and half a cup of milk. Put all the ingredients (except the cornstarch) in a food processor to chop finely, and pass them through a sifter. Dilute the cornstarch with a little water, bring it to a biol, add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Stir them until you get a paste. Apply it to hair from the ends to the roots and cover with foil or plastic wrap (you can also use a shower cap). Leave the mask on for 25-30 minutes, and then wash your hair as usual.
- Fruit and honey smoothing mask: Honey is a natural product with dozens of beneficial properties, from providing moisture and protection from the elements (sun, cold, wind) to protection from chemical and heat damage (chlorine, hairdryers, styling tools, hair dyes). Fruits are excellent antioxidants, providing high doses of vitamins and minerals that nourish hair, preventing dryness and the much hated “frizz.” For this recipe you need five tablespoons of pure honey, one and a half bananas and two oranges. Peel and slice the bananas, juice the oranges, and put everything in a blender. Blend until smooth. Wash and dry hair, then apply this mask to the entire head. Let it sit for an hour, then shampoo and condition normally.
Straightening and Smoothing Treatments
- Honey and lemon treatment: Mix a glass of milk with two tablespoons of lemon juice and store in the refrigerator. When it achieves a thick consistency, apply it evenly to the hair and massage well. Comb hair and cover with a shower cap. Let it sit until the hair dries (about 30 minutes). Rinse and comb. If you repeat this two or three times a week, the result will be shinier hair.
- Straightening celery treatment: This recipe requires a few stalks of celery. Blend them with a little cold water in a blender and strain the liquid. Store it in a glass bottle overnight. In the morning, massage the liquid thoroughly into the hair until all hair is wet. Rinse and wash hair as usual.
- Homemade oil treatment to smooth frizzy hair: Heat up a few tablespoons of almond oil and apply it to the hair. Wrap the head with a towel and let sit for 20 minutes. Comb hair carefully, and cover it for an additional half hour. After removing the towel and combing the hair a second time, you will notice your hair is smoother, but if you still need to use a flat iron it won’t damage the hair as much.
Homemade Creams to Straighten Hair Naturally
- Homemade hair straightening creams made with oils: You can apply hot oil treatments (coconut, almond, or olive oil) to massage the scalp. Then wrap head with a warm towel for a few minutes before washing normally.
- Homemade milk and honey cream: Mix a few tablespoons of milk with honey and a few crushed strawberries. Leave on for two hours before rinsing.
- Homemade coconut and lemon straightening cream: While this won’t leave you with perfectly straight hair, it will help eliminate frizz and reduce “flyaways.” Mix one cup of coconut milk with some lemon juice and store them in the refrigerator for a few hours. Apply the mixture to hair and let sit for 45 minutes to an hour, then rinse and wash as usual. This recipe will help tame wavy hair.