Benefits of a Tablespoon of Cinnamon and Honey Every Day
The benefits of a tablespoon of cinnamon every day are numerous and vital
Cinnamon and honey are two nutritious foods that boast numerous health properties and a delicious flavor. And, if you combine them, these benefits will increase, and especially if you take a tablespoon every day.
To name just some of its healthy properties, this mixture can help you lose weight, raise defenses, improve digestion, care for joints, treat insomnia and stress, and increase libido.
See also: Beat Insomnia With These Four Tips
Benefits of cinnamon and honey
The mixture of cinnamon and honey, when consumed daily, can give you the following health benefits:
- Lose weight: It helps to activate your metabolism and reduce your craving for sugar. Cinnamon is also a regulator of glucose levels in the blood and helps you eliminate excess liquids and fats in your body as well. Take it mixed in hot water between meals.
- Raises defenses: this combination is highly caloric (heat producing) and also functions as a natural antibiotic. In other words, it helps you get rid of the cold sensation in your body and prevent diseases caused by viruses and bacteria.
- It combats and relieves throat infections: its antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties allow for the treatment of pharyngitis, tonsillitis, aphonia, dysphonia, etc. Mix a tablespoon with warm water and sip and gargle it.
- Improves joint health: thanks to its calorific and antioxidant properties, this mixture is great for diseases like arthritis, osteoarthritis, etc.
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease: this is because it improves circulation, reduces cholesterol, strengthens your heart, and regulates its rhythm.
- Increases libido: cinnamon is considered to be one of the best natural aphrodisiacs for men as well as women. Take a tablespoon in the morning and one before bedtime.
Digestion and stress
- It improves digestion and fights acidity: in this case, take a cup of warm water with a tablespoon of the mixture, preferably before lunch. However, you can also take it afterwards as an infusion.
- Gives energy and prevents stress: its calorific and toning properties help to revitalize your body. Take a tablespoon on an empty stomach, preferably.
- Rejuvenates the body: internally as well as externally. Thanks to its antioxidant properties, it helps reduce tissue damage caused by the passing of time, which is why it is a good beauty remedy. It also helps prevent chronic diseases.
- Fights insomnia: take a tablespoon with a glass of hot water before going to bed.
What you need
You just need cinnamon and honey, and they should be of a high quality. The honey should be organic because this will guarantee that it has been processed naturally with no added substances.
It should also be raw honey, not the kind that that been cooked at high temperatures in order for it to always look liquid. In other words, it should harden in cold temperatures. When it’s cold, you can heat it to liquify it without it losing its properties.
The cinnamon should also be organic. You can find out its quality from the aroma it gives off.
How to make it
Mix the liquid honey and cinnamon until you get a thick consistency. Keep it in a hermetically sealed glass container. You can keep it out of the fridge if you have a cool place for it to stay. This mixture keeps its qualities for a long time without any conservatives, thanks to the properties of cinnamon and honey.
How to consume it
You should take a tablespoon of this mixture daily as a standard dosage. For small children, the standard dosage should be a teaspoon.
You can mix it with a little bit of hot water and it will have the flavor of a sweetened infusion. You can also mix it with cold water. In this way, it will be a refreshing and healthy beverage. You can also combine it with juice, milk, or yogurt.
We recommend that you always ask your doctor or naturopathy expert before starting any kind of treatment, because natural products can also have side effects when combined with certain medications, and in excess.
Images courtesy of HealthHomeHappy.com, alsjhc, ion-bogdan dumitrescu and sweetbeetandgreenbean