How to Make a Hair Mask to Stimulate Hair Growth
Hair’s exposed to several factors (sun, pollution, etc.) that can hinder hair growth and also weaken it, especially when a good nutrition and hydration isn’t maintained. However, this could be corrected by adopting a healthy lifestyle and using a moisturizing balm.
Below, you’ll find the recipe for a homemade balm, made with very nourishing ingredients for both the hair follicles and the rest of the hair ─including the ends─ that in addition to helping you repair it, would also help you strengthen it.
Read more here: How to Grow Hair, Skin, and Nails “From Within”
One of them is a moisturizing, rejuvenating hair mask with nutrients that may also help you strengthen your hair. Try it out today!
Homemade hair mask for healthy hair growth
Shea butter, honey, olive oil, and other foods are sources of nutrients and moisture for the hair. Therefore, thousands of cosmetic products have been made based on them.
The homemade balm below includes shea butter and some oils (such as castor oil, which is quite well known for helping to grow eyelashes and hair). These will give the mane an extra boost of nutrients that would promote its healthy growth.
- Shea butter is the ideal base ingredient, as it has a consistency dense enough to incorporate the various natural oils you are going to add. In addition, it’s an oily substance that would serve to moisturize the hair and restore its strength.
- It’s the sum of healthy fats in the ingredients that could help the hair regain its strength and health.
- Applying the balm through hair massages could improve blood circulation in the head, which could be determinant for good oxygenation of the hair follicles. In fact, a 2019 study found that massages could promote hair health and fight hair loss.
- The mask could be useful for those who suffer from excessive dryness, as it could moisturize in depth. However, it can also be used by people with mixed hair (although preferably from the middle of the hair towards the ends).
- Castor oil is a product used to increase hair volume, although no scientific data was found.
- The balm could be prepared with only three ingredients when the objective is simply to maintain hair health. These ingredients would be shea butter, castor oil, and almond oil.
How do I make this hair mask?
To prepare this homemade mask, you’ll need quality ingredients. Therefore, be sure to purchase a quality shea butter that also has a texture that’s easy to handle. On the other hand, you’ll need to look for about 2 ounces of sweet almonds ─al natural; that is, not roasted, salted, or fried─ and some natural oils.
Discover: Want Your Hair to Grow Strong Fast? Try These Natural Solutions
- 1/2 cup of shea butter (100 g)
- 1/4 cup of sweet almond oil (50 g)
- 1/4 cup of castor oil (50 g)
- 5 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 10 drops of mint essential oil
- Heat-resistant container
- Wooden spoon
- Airtight glass jar
- Hand mixer
- Put the shea butter into the heat-resistant container and heat in a double-boiler for a few minutes.
- Once melted, add the almond and castor oil.
- Lower the heat and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add the essential oils and keep mixing for another minute.
- Remove from heat, let sit for several minutes, and pour into the glass jar before it solidifies.
- Store in the refrigerator for a few hours and then mix it with the hand mixer to give it a creamy texture.
- Cover and store in a cool place.
How to apply
- Separate your damp hair into sections and apply the mask from roots to tips.
- Massage your hair for five minutes to work it into your scalp and then cover all of your hair with a shower cap.
- Leave on for 20 to 30 more minutes and then wash your hair with shampoo like you usually do.
- Repeat two or three times a week for best results.
Take care of your hair from root to tip
Does your hair have growth problems and look dull? Try this homemade hair balm to remedy this problem and get your hair looking its best. In addition, avoid regular and repeated use of heat sources on your hair, as well as continuous bleaching. All this damages the hair and promotes hair loss.
Keep in mind that, although its results aren’t immediate, you could get a good effect after several applications of this balm. The secret’s in being consistent! Of course, if your hair falls out a lot, don’t hesitate to consult your doctor.