Five Wholesome Low Calorie Shakes
Low-calorie shakes are healthy beverages that have grown in popularity in recent years. Without a doubt, they’re one of the simplest ways to increase your consumption of fruits and vegetables within a healthy lifestyle.
There’s a wide variety of recipes designed for all kinds of tastes and dietary needs. In fact, many of them are used for weight loss because they’re low in calories and can help you feel full, thus calming food cravings.
In order for them to provide benefits, as with other preparations with sliming potential, you must include these smoothies in a diet according to your body’s needs. Furthermore, at the same time, you must do physical activity on a daily basis. So, let’s look at some recipes below.
Five low-calorie shakes
1. Pineapple-apple-orange shake
So, this smoothie isn’t just low in calories. This is because of the combination of ingredients. Furthermore, it has a good amount of dietary fiber, antioxidants, and enzymes that improve your digestion and increase your metabolism.
- 1 apple
- ½ c. of orange juice
- Freshly sliced pineapple (to taste)
- Firstly, cut the pineapple slices into cubes
- Secondly, chop the apple without removing the peel
- Then, add the chopped fruit to a blender and process along with the half cup of orange juice
- Finally, serve and drink
Read this article too: Detox your body with pineapple and papaya
2. Pomegranate and strawberry smoothie
If your goal is to lose weight and boost your immune system, this smoothie made with pomegranate and strawberries is a great option. Furthermore, with only 160 calories, this satisfying beverage packs large doses of vitamin C and antioxidants.
- ½ c. of plain yogurt
- 1/4 c. of frozen strawberries
- ½ c. of pomegranate juice
- Firstly, add all the ingredients to a blender and process for a few minutes
- Once you have a smooth beverage, serve it immediately
3. Low-calorie shakes – strawberry-banana smoothie
The antioxidants found in strawberries meet the natural sugars from bananas to give you an energetic smoothie that’s low in calories. Furthermore, it’s ideal for calming hunger pangs and cravings.
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ c. of frozen strawberries
- ½ c. of almond milk
- Firstly, add the strawberries and banana to the blender
- Then, pour the almond milk on top and process for two to three minutes
4. Pineapple-banana-spinach shake
This tropical green shake contains small amounts of protein and other energizing substances to help fight morning fatigue. Furthermore, it’s perfect for improving your athletic performance and stopping you from overeating.
- Ripe banana
- 1 c. of almond milk
- Ice (optional)
- Firstly, chop two slices of pineapple slices and one banana
- Then, put them in the blender and add six spinach leaves and the almond milk
- Process everything for two or three minutes, until you get a homogeneous beverage
- Finally, serve with ice to taste
Check out these Five green shakes to include in your diet
5. Low-calorie shakes: watermelon-strawberry-lime
The ingredients that go into this smoothie are naturally hydrating and help cool your body. In addition, its antioxidants will protect your cells.
In addition, it has a slight diuretic effect that will help eliminate excess fluids to avoid inflammation.
- ½ c. of strawberries
- 1 c. of water
- 2 tbsp. of lime juice
- 2 peeled watermelon slices
- Firstly, cut the watermelon slices into cubes
- Secondly, wash the strawberries and slice them
- Then, add all ingredients to the blender, including the water and lemon juice
- Finally, thoroughly process everything for two minutes
- Drink these low-calorie shakes right after you process them, they’re better when fresh
- Also, drink them as a treat or with your breakfast, or as an afternoon snack
- Drink them twice a day to remain well hydrated, add some ice if you like
- Finally, never substitute these shakes for a full meal
There are many other low-calorie smoothie recipes you can incorporate into your diet. So, find the one that most appeals to you and enjoy!