3 Slimming Turmeric Recipes
These slimming turmeric recipes encompass a set of preparations that can help you add variety to your diet as well as reduce your sodium intake. Furthermore, they can also help you lose weight in a healthy way. Are you curious? If so, read on because we’re about to tell you more about it.
A brief note about these turmeric recipes
- Instead of using salt, you’ll use turmeric and other ingredients to make some tasty slimming recipes
- By reducing the salt, you’ll avoid fluid retention and the discomforts that come with it, including bloating
- Turmeric goes well with a variety of foods and can help enhance stews, sauces, and all kinds of concoctions
- Some say that the curcumin content of this spice can provide certain health benefits
1. Carrot-turmeric cream
- 1/2 a ginger root (5 g.)
- 2 chives (15 g.)
- 2 medium carrots (64 g.)
- 4 c. of vegetable broth (a liter)
- 1 packet of ground turmeric (35 g.)
- ½ c. of skim milk (75 ml.)
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil (50 ml.)
- Firstly, prepare all the ingredients by grating the ginger root and scallion into a powder
- Secondly, heat the pan over low heat
- Thirdly, add the ginger and turmeric along with the skim milk
- Then, add the vegetables (except the carrots) and let them boil
- Lower the heat a little and let the ingredients continue to cook
- Cut the onions into slices and mix them in with the rest
- Cook all the ingredients together for 10 minutes
- Lastly, serve and enjoy
Read about the Seven Benefits of Turmeric During Menopause
2. Turmeric-lemon tisane
- About a cup of water (200 ml.)
- 1 tbsp. of turmeric powder (15 g.)
- 1 tbsp. of either honey or lemon juice (20 ml.)
- Firstly, heat the water over low heat in a bowl
- Then, add the turmeric powder and stir
- Lower the heat and keep it there for 15 minutes while stirring
- Then, pass it through a strainer and make sure to strain the excess turmeric from the infusion
- Let stand for about 5 minutes to cool a bit
- Finally, add the spoon of honey or lemon juice to give it a sweet touch
Learn how to make these Five Turmeric Masks for Acne Scars
3. Arugula salad with turmeric vinaigrette
- ½ a pomegranate (27 g.)
- 1 ½ c. of arugula (25 g.)
- 1 large ripe tomato (50 g.)
- 2 c. of walnuts without shells (50 g.)
- 2 tbsp. of lemon juice (60 ml.)
- 6 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil (90 ml.)
- 1 tbsp. of ground turmeric tea (25 ml.)
- Firstly, wash all ingredients thoroughly, use some lemon and vinegar to disinfect the greens
- Secondly, once the ingredients are ready, place them in a large container, preferably made of glass
- Thirdly, chop the arugula and tomato into small pieces
- Fourthly, remove the inside of the pomegranate and mix it with the tomato and arugula
- Then, put the pieces inside the container and immediately add the nuts; don’t forget to stir.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing the oil, lemon, salt, pepper, and turmeric, and then, mix and add the tomato juice
- Sprinkle the salad with the pomegranate seeds and dress it with the turmeric vinaigrette
- Finally, add salt and black pepper if you like and enjoy
Are you ready to expand your recipe book with turmeric recipes?
Do you want to expand your recipe book and make other slimming turmeric recipes? Go ahead! Experiment with turmeric and see how many delicious dishes you can get. Also, keep in mind that there’s no limit to the turmeric dishes you can make so take advantage of it.
Finally, what’s important is to maintain a moderate intake of salt, as it poses several health risks according to experts from the World Health Organization.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Alvis, Armando, Guillermo Arrazola, and Walter Martinez. “Evaluación de la Actividad y el Potencial Antioxidante de Extractos Hidro-Alcohólicos de Cúrcuma (Cúrcuma longa).” Información tecnológica 23.2 (2012): 11-18.
- Chattopadhyay, I., et al. “La cúrcuma y cúrcuma: acciones biológicas y aplicaciones medicinales.” ACTUAL Volumen CIENCIA 87 (2004): 44-53.
- de Alimentos, Lista, and Ser Fitness. “La Diferencia Entre La Cúrcuma y Jengibre.” Compartir 4 (2018): 24.