Lose Weight Naturally with Oatmeal Water
There are few foods that are as healthy as oatmeal. Research conducted on oatmeal has shown that it is a wonderful metabolic regulator. In other words, it purifies and cleanses whatever excess our body contains and it will satisfy necessities that we are lacking. It also keeps our heart healthy as well as our intestines, not to mention it helps us lose and control our weight if we eat it regularly. Would you like to know how oatmeal (and more specifically, oatmeal water) can help us lose weight naturally?
The FDA (the Food and Drug Administration of the United States) tells us that it is one of the healthiest foods in existence, and that it is a source of energy and vitality that we should include daily in our diets. Therefore, it is a very natural way to lose weight without too much suffering and, even better, without feeling hungry. Let’s take a closer look at its benefits.
The Benefits of Oatmeal
1. Oatmeal reduces cholesterol and promotes heart health
Drinking an oatmeal infusion on an empty stomach is enough to lower your cholesterol. Oatmeal’s rich omega 6 oils and linoleic acid constitute what are commonly known as good fats and they are able to reduce the bad cholesterol and take care of our heart health.
2. Oatmeal is low in calories
Oatmeal has very few calories and furthermore it provides a satiating effect. Its fats are very healthy, it contains fiber, vitamins, minerals and oligo elements. It is without a doubt a super food.
3. Oatmeal is Purifying
Oatmeal contains certain amino acids that cause us to produce lecithin in the liver, which is necessary to help us purify and detoxify our bodies. Eating oatmeal will allow us to clean the walls of our arteries by cleansing us of the fat deposits that accumulate there thanks to the fiber naturally found abundantly in oatmeal.
4. Oatmeal controls our blood sugar level
Oatmeal is highly recommended for diabetics. Its soluble fiber improves digestion of starch and carbohydrates and keeps our glycemia levels stable. Oatmeal is a wonderful ally for people with diabetes.
5. Oatmeal improves digestion
Oatmeal reduces our gastric acids and it facilitates digestion and therefore avoids constipation. In addition, its carbohydrates are of slow absorption, which gives us the sensation of being full, which is perfect if what we are trying to do is drop pounds and not have the need to eat between meals or overeat.
6. Oatmeal is anti-carcinogenic
Many studies have been carried out in this regard and they have concluded that certain phytochemicals found in oatmeal help us to protect ourselves against cancer. Thus, it is highly recommendable to eat oatmeal daily.
What is it about Oatmeal that Helps Us to Lose Weight?
- Drinking oatmeal water on an empty stomach helps us to lose weight due to its composition of vitamins, minerals and fiber and the fact that it gives us the sensation of being full and therefore we will not have to snack between meals or eat large amounts of food.
- It provides the body with beneficial properties while we lose weight, little by little.
- Oatmeal eliminates all of the toxins that our bodies generate and store. If we nourish ourselves with oatmeal water, it will provide us with proteins, vitamins, minerals and oligo elements.
- Furthermore, oatmeal is a diuretic and it prevents our bodies from retaining liquids, which makes us feel better.
How do I Prepare the Oatmeal Water to Start Losing Weight?
1. How often should I drink it?
Drink the oatmeal water on an empty stomach for a full month to lose weight. This will help us to feel full for almost the entire morning and it will give us the energy and fiber necessary to start our day. You can also drink another glass before you eat your main meals.
2. How should I drink it?
- Take one cup of oatmeal, one cinnamon stick and two liters of water.
- In your blender, add the oatmeal along with one glass of water and blend until you make a homogeneous mixture. Next, you can add the rest of the water, the cinnamon and your sweetener of choice, for instance Stevia or two teaspoons of honey. If you see that there are still pieces of oatmeal that have not been blended properly, you can strain the mixture. Next, put the water in the refrigerator and you will have some available for you all day. Start off your breakfast with one glass and later, the ideal thing to do is drink it before each meal. This will help to satiate you and to adequately nourish you.
3. Example of a Daily Diet with Oatmeal Water:
- Breakfast: one glass of oatmeal water, one apple and one cup of tea or an infusion.
- Lunch: one glass of oatmeal water as a drink. Spinach salad with asparagus and nuts along with one chicken breast.
- Snack: one green tea.
- Dinner: one glass of oatmeal water. Oven-roasted eggplant and beets with lemon juice. For dessert, one roasted apple with cinnamon.
As you can see, the most important thing you can do for your weight-loss regimen is starting off your day with that glass of oatmeal water and including it as your drink with meals as well. And remember to always eat a balanced diet and never eat in excess. If you maintain your diet in this way and continue drinking oatmeal water for one month, you will see the results in the form of weight loss.