Eggplants are one of those vegetables that have a lot of culinary uses; they are delicious and people love using them as accompaniments in several dishes. What’s more, you may not have known about their weight loss properties, but thanks to their high water content, fiber, and scant calories, eggplants are transformed into an excellent ally for your diet.
Eggplants are vegetables native to India. They enclose an entire treasure of health benefits in their interior, which make it an excellent and wonderful vegetable to include into your daily diet. We would like to present you with a perfect tactic for losing weight from week to week; eggplant water.
Benefits of eggplant
- This vegetable aids in digestion, leading simultaneously to a reduction of body fat, thanks to the saponin it contains, which prevents fat absorption.
- Fights cellulitis
- Is an anti-inflammatory
- Reduces free radicals that attack cells
- Thanks to the fiber in its seeds, it is an excellent laxative
- Is great for the liver and gallbladder
- Regulates cholesterol
- Provides the body with calcium, potassium, sodium, phosphorus, iron…
How does eggplant aid in weight loss?
As previously mentioned, eggplant contains an element called saponin, that noticeably decreases the absorption of fat. Nutritionists recommend drinking eggplant water, or juice, whichever you prefer. This juice will detoxify the body, simultaneously improving kidney function by also acting as a diuretic. In addition to this, and thanks to the fiber in their seeds, it improves intestinal function, preventing problems with constipation and irritable bowel syndrome. drinking one glass of eggplant juice is recommended just before your primary meal so the fats will not be absorbed. That being as it may, you should follow a diet that does not contain too much fat, in order to lose weight, and also do at least half an hour of exercise a day. Eggplant juice is an excellent ally for losing weight, but it won’t work by itself if you don’t eat a balanced diet.
Weight loss recipe with eggplant juice
Before anything else, you must know that eggplant cannot be eaten raw. You must cook it because inside, it contains an alkaloid known as solanine, which is toxic to the body. If you eat it raw you will experience stomach aches and headaches. When you’re choosing one at the market, lean towards those that are on the firm side.
- One fairly large eggplant
- Half a liter of water
- Juice of one lemon
1. Begin by peeling the eggplant and cutting in into small pieces.
2. Then, place them in a bowl with cold water (half a liter), and let it soak for a few hours. If you want to, you can do this the day before so it can be ready in the morning. Once it has soaked, heat it so it cooks, and bring the water to a boil. Let boil for at least 15 minutes.
3. Once the water is boiling, add lemon juice.
4. Then, lower heat and let set for 10 minutes.
5. Then add to a blender so that the pulp and water are well blended and uniform, making a balanced juice.
Remember that this eggplant juice must be drank 15 minutes before your primary meal, and on the days you want to do your diet. Lemon could be added frequently, because the taste is a little bitter, and could be a little uncomfortable to drink. The citrus combination will make it a lot more pleasant.
You should also know that if you drink this juice every day, you will lower your cholesterol. Remember that eggplant helps decrease fat absorption, but to lose weight faster, you must accompany this with a low-calorie diet and exercise.