Learn How to Lose Weight with Celery
Celery has important vitamins, minerals, and oils that make it a great ally in any weight loss diet.
Celery is a vegetable as beneficial as it is multi-purpose. You can use it in a wide variety of dishes and prepare it several different ways. It boasts great health benefits: vitamins, minerals, fiber, and very few calories. So, would you like to learn how to lose weight with celery?
Celery’s weight loss benefits
Celery is an easy-to-digest, healthy vegetable. It’s made up of 95% water, so it hydrates and cleanses your body at the same time, getting rid of toxins and reducing fluid retention. Let’s take a look at all of its benefits.
- It contains essential oils like limonene, selenium, and asparagine, which is where it gets its cleansing, diuretic abilities. They’re mostly in the stalk and seeds, and not so much in the leaves.
- It has a satiating effect.
- It has antibacterial properties, meaning it can help eliminate infections and toxins.
- Improves kidney transport.
- Contains minerals like potassium and sodium, along with vitamins B1, B2, and B6, which are important for skin, hair, and eye care.
- Regulates cholesterol and improves circulation.
- Accelerates digestion, eliminates gases.
How do you lose weight with celery?
Celery can help eliminate fat thanks to its diuretic, cleansing, and filling properties. You have be consistent for two weeks, with the potential to lose up to 8 kilos (18lbs) in that time. We’re going to tell you how below, but remember that this doesn’t work on its own. You have to maintain a healthy diet and a good exercise routine too.
You might like: 7 Natural Diuretics That You Should Include in Your Diet
Mornings – celery, pineapple, and cucumber smoothie
You should drink this smoothie before breakfast to get all the vitamins and minerals you need until your next meal. It also gives your stomach a feeling of fullness. Adding the pineapple and cucumber boosts its cleansing capacity a ton.
- 2 or three celery stalks
- 1/2 a cucumber
- 2 slices of pineapple
- 1 tablespoon of oat bran
Start by washing the produce well, then cut the cucumber into chunks, peel the pineapple, and slice the celery. Add the oat bran and blend well until you get a smooth juice. You can sweeten it with 1 tablespoon of honey, and add a glass of water if you don’t like it thick.
Lunch – celery soup for weight loss
- 1 onion
- 6 celery stalks
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tsp. cornflower
- A little bit of pepper
- 1 liter of water with a broth cube
- 1 bay leaf
Start by washing and dicing the celery and onion into small pieces. Place a bit of olive oil in the pot, and when it is hot, add the celery and onion. Then add the water, the broth cube, and the bay leaf. When it begins to boil, add the cornflower to thicken it up. Also stir it occasionally so that no lumps form.
Lastly, remove the bay leaf and add a little bit of pepper. Blend it all together until you get a well-mixed cream. This is a very healthy, light drink. Plus, as we said earlier, it’s good both for lunch and dinner.
Before dinner – celery and kiwi smoothie
This one is perfect for before dinner. It gives you a feeling of fullness so that you you don’t feel the need to eat a lot at the last meal of the day. It also provides good nutrients, minerals, vitamin, and fiber. These things are perfect for eliminating retained fluids and much more. On top of all that, it’s also very tasty.
Read more: 7 Tricks to Lose Weight Quickly
- 2 large kiwis
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 2 oranges
- Peel the kiwis and cut them into small pieces.
- Dice the parsley and cut the celery into small pieces too.
- Squeeze the juice out of the oranges.
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend into an even mixture. If you want, you can also add a sweetener like honey. This smoothie provides essential nutrients, and it’s a perfect thing to drink 15 minutes before dinner.
So, how does this sound, are you ready to try to lose weight with celery? It’s not a miracle worker, but it can still do wonders for your body!