Learn How to Make Three Yummy Papaya Smoothies
Papaya smoothies are healthy drinks that you can enjoy as snacks. Since they're low in calories and provide fiber, they may help improve your digestion.
Have you ever tried papaya smoothies?
Fruit smoothies have become one of the best healthy snack choices. Due to their combination of low-calorie ingredients, they’re healthy ways to tame your appetite.
In this article, learn how to make some delicious papaya smoothies.
The Nutritional Properties of Papayas
Papaya is a tropical fruit that comes from the plant Carica papaya. Although it’s native to Central America, today it’s grown in many other parts of the world. Due to its enzymes, antioxidants, and fiber contents, it helps promote digestive and cardiovascular health.
Regular papaya intake helps you meet your body’s nutritional requirements. This fruit, in addition to being low in calories, contains vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Also, it contains an enzyme called papain, which improves digestion and supports weight loss. Papaya also contains:
- Dietary fiber
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin A
- Folate (vitamin B9)
- Traces of calcium, magnesium, and vitamins B1, B3, B5, E, and K
We encourage you to read: Detox Your Body with Papaya and Pineapple
Three Delicious Papaya Smoothies
There are several reasons why you should try these papaya smoothies as snack alternatives. First of all, they’re easy to make, as all you have to do is blend a few healthy ingredients. On the other hand, drinking them regularly boosts digestion and optimizes the elimination of waste.
They’re also an excellent complement for those who want to lose weight, as these recipes make you feel fuller for longer and reduce cravings. Do you want to try them out? Below, discover three yummy papaya smoothie recipes.
1. Papaya and kefir smoothie
This smoothie is an excellent digestive drink, thanks to the probiotics and enzymes that it contains, as these elements aid digestion.
The combination of papaya and kefir is an excellent remedy for digestive problems. Since it contains a significant amount of probiotics and enzymes, it regulates intestinal microbiota and optimizes digestion. The best part of all is that it’s delicious and helps curb hunger.
- 1/4 cup of kefir (62.5 ml)
- 1/2 cup of chopped papaya (100 g)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/2 cup of water (125 ml)
- First, pour the kefir and chopped papaya in a blender.
- Then, chop and add the ripe banana.
- Finally, add the honey and half a cup of water and blend.
- Be sure to blend until you get a smooth, lump-free drink.
2. Papaya, mango, and cherry smoothie
By blending healthy ingredients such as papaya, cherries, and mango, you get a tropical smoothie with a significant amount of fiber and antioxidants. These nutrients promote digestion and, incidentally, help boost your immune system.
- 3 papaya slices
- 6 cherries
- 1/2 a ripe mango
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- For starters, cube the papaya slices and put them inside the blender.
- Then, pit the cherries and add them to the mix.
- Next, cut the mango and add it to the other ingredients.
- Finally, add a cup of water and blend until you get a homogeneous drink.
- If you want, you can add chia or flax seeds to make it taste different.
Make sure you read: Learn These 5 Surprising Benefits of Papaya That You Didn’t Know About
3. Papaya and oat smoothie
The dietary fiber papaya contains is also an excellent way to fight constipation and other health problems.
Due to the dietary fiber oats contains, it aids digestion and helps fight problems such as constipation. It’s also satiating and helps regulate cholesterol levels. To top it off, it goes great with papaya.
- 3 papaya slices
- 1 cup of oat milk (200 ml)
- 1 medium banana
- Chia seeds (optional)
- For starters, cube the papaya slices.
- Then, put them in the blender along with the oat milk and chopped banana.
- After that, blend until you get a smooth and homogenous drink.
- If you want to add chia seeds, soak them the night before. This makes them taste better and also makes the seeds easier to consume.
Final Recommendations for Papaya Smoothies
To enjoy the delicious taste of papaya in these smoothies, it’s important to check how ripe the fruit is. Unripe or overly ripe papaya may taste different. Thus, you should make sure the papaya you choose is yellow or orange-red. Also, if you press it softly, your fingers should sink in a little.
A simple trick to intensify the flavor of papaya is to cool it before consuming it. Then, simply cut it and remove the seeds before adding it to the blender. Have you ever tried these healthy drinks? We encourage you to include them in your diet!