Learn About the Benefits of Oatmeal Water and How to Make it at Home
You may think of oatmeal as those flakes you put in milk or yogurt for breakfast. However, this cereal has many more uses. In this article, we’ll tell you the many great benefits of oatmeal water and how to prepare it.
Why is it good to consume oatmeal water?
Basically, many of the beneficial properties of this liquid come from the fact that it has a large amount of fiber. In fact, it’s one of the richest cereals in this nutrient, as noted by the Spanish Nutrition Foundation in this report on“Current data on the nutritional properties of oats.”
This translates into many benefits for our health, such as the ability to reduce high blood pressure, improve stomach and gastric problems and lose weight, as this study indicates.
Oatmeal water can be used to cleanse the intestinal canal and purify the bloodstream. Also, it’s useful both to prevent and cure various ailments because it provides general well-being to the body, especially in the digestive and excretory systems.
In the specific case of the intestines, it serves to lubricate them, help expel toxins, and benefit the body’s digestive process overall.
The ideal frequency and timing of consumption of oats will depend on each person, their nutritional needs, and their daily activities. Overall, their consumption can help make us feel more full, especially when we’re trying to lose weight.
For this reason, it’s essential to plan a dietary strategy with the help of a nutritionist. In this way, you can take better advantage of the beneficial properties of oatmeal water and avoid any unhealthy use of this great food.
The uses and benefits of oatmeal water
Based on the above research and other similar studies, we can highlight the following applications and benefits of oatmeal water:
- It helps reduce blood cholesterol levels by cleansing the arteries. Research shows that oatmeal with apple juice helps reduce dyslipidemia.
- Oatmeal water can help stabilize blood sugar levels by providing satiety without increasing glucose production.
You may be interested in: The Benefits of Having Oatmeal for Breakfast
- It can help reduce high blood pressure, as well as cholesterol. This is because it cleanses the blood.
- Oatmeal water can help promote a good bowel movement since it improves the flora and prevents constipation.
- It can contribute to weight loss because it provides satiety and allows you to go to the bathroom regularly.
- It can improve performance in sports, as it’s an ideal complement for athletes or those who exercise. In this case, some specialists recommend drinking a glass of oatmeal water an hour before training. However, this depends on the needs of each person.
- As if that were not enough, oatmeal water is also the base ingredient of various products and formulations, with recognized benefits for the skin.
The benefits of oatmeal water to lose weight
Most people who consume oatmeal water do it for the ability of this liquid to help lose weight. This is all thanks to the amount of fiber that’s consumed with a simple glass of this drink.
In turn, it also has a low content of calories, fats, and sugars, which provides a lower intake of sweets. For that reason, it’s perfect for when there are many cravings for desserts or sweets.
Dieters often go hungry. This isn’t right, but it’s often the case. The good news is that oatmeal water provides satiety and thus helps to control better what we eat and portions.
It’s possible to accompany a glass of oatmeal water with other foods rich in fiber, such as grated coconut, banana, strawberries, cinnamon, cloves, vanilla, and cardamom, which will also add a more delicious flavor to the preparation. Consult your nutritionist about this option.
Some recipes for making oatmeal water
Oatmeal water can be part of preparations such as smoothies, cookies, sauces, and soups. It doesn’t have a very strong taste, so it’s versatile to consume with both sweet and savory foods.
Here are a few popular recipes so you can make it at home!
Oatmeal water recipe number 1
- 3 cups of water
- One cup of oat flakes
- Four teaspoons of barley miso
- First, bring the water to a boil.
- Then, remove from heat, add the oat flakes and let them soak for 30 minutes.
- After, add the barley and mix well.
- It’s now ready to consume. If you want, you can filter it and transfer it to a glass container.
You might like to read: Learn How to Make Natural Oatmeal Soap to Exfoliate Your Skin
Oatmeal water recipe number 2
- 1 cup of oat flakes
- 5 cups of water
- Two tablespoons of barley water
- In this case, you’re going to boil the oatmeal. To do this, bring the water to a boil and when it comes to a boil, add the oatmeal, and let it cook for ten minutes.
- Then, remove the pot from the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Add the barley water and stir well.
- Cover the bowl with a cloth and let it sit overnight.
- In the morning, pour into a blender and blend well. This is meant to be consumed cold.
Recipe number 3 for oatmeal water
- One glass of water (200 ml)
- One tablespoon of oat flakes
- Honey, organic sugar, cinnamon, or stevia (a sweetener to taste)
The last option has a natural sweetener. If you want more servings, multiply the amounts of the ingredients.
- Place the oats in the water and then add the sweetener.
- Let sit overnight and drink whenever you want.
The benefits of oatmeal water for everyone every day
As you may have noticed, the preparation of this food is very simple and also offers many different options. Don’t hesitate to try it and get the most out of the benefits of oatmeal water that we’ve shared with you here.
The best thing about oatmeal water is that it can be consumed daily, without generating any problems. It’s also a product suitable for people of any age. It has practically no contraindications. However, there is the exception of celiac people, who should avoid consuming oatmeal raw.