Juices to Reduce Type 2 Diabetes in a Week
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic illness that occurs when the body is not able to regulate the blood sugar levels.
Therefore, this disease can be triggered by a number of causes, among them genetic factors, obesity, stress, poor diet, other illnesses, surgeries, medicines, viruses, etc.
Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas which is responsible for regulating blood sugar levels.
Moreover, diabetes occurs when the body cannot produce enough insulin or creates a resistant to it or both.
What are the different types of diabetes?
There are two types of diabetes and they each have different causes and risk factors:
- Type 1 Diabetes: this is a type of diabetes that can occur at any age, but which affects children, teenagers and young adults, in particular. With this type of diabetes, the body cannot produce insulin. Or only produces very little because the cells which are responsible for this stop working properly. In this case, the solution is to daily inject a dose of insulin, which must be recommended by a medical expert according to the particular needs of each patient.
- Type 2 Diabetes: this is the most common type of diabetes. It usually affects older adults, over the age of 60. But nowadays much of the younger population is being affected by this disease due to obesity and a poor diet. In this case, diabetes is usually detected when it is already very advanced because most people do not realize that they are suffering from this disease.
What are the symptoms of diabetes?
Type 2 diabetes develops slowly in the majority of its sufferers. And in many cases, the symptoms do not appear until the disease is already very advanced.
Therefore, some of the symptoms that can occur due to diabetes are, among others, the following:
- Frequent urination.
- Constant thirst.
- Slow healing.
- Repeated infections.
- Loss of hair and teeth.
- Excess loss of weight.
- Blurry vision.
Is it possible to control diabetes naturally?
However, people with diabetes should be under the care of a doctor to keep watch that everything is okay. A good addition is to use alternative natural remedies that can reduce blood sugar levels and help control diabetes.
In this article, we will talk about Type 2 diabetes wherein it is possible to stimulate the production of insulin.
So, if this is your situation, perhaps some of the following juices can help you.
Spinach, carrot and celery juice to help control Type 2 diabetes
This juice combines the properties of spinach, carrots and celery to help people who suffer from Type 2 diabetes.
- Carrots are a food rich in potassium, which is necessary to balance the levels of sodium – often associated with hypertension (high blood pressure). This food also regulates the blood and helps to prevent vision problems in people who suffer from diabetes.
- For its part, spinach contains calcium, beta-carotene and vitamins A and C, which all provide multiple benefits to our health, including the reduction of sugar in the blood. Celery contains potassium and magnesium, which provide an important benefit to the cardiovascular system.
- Finally, you can use green apples, which can reduce the levels of sugar in the blood thanks to their content of malic acid.
- 3 handfuls of spinach
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 carrot
- 1 green apple
- 1 cucumber (optional)
Clean and peel the apple and carrot. Afterward, place them in the blender and mix in the rest of the ingredients. You can add a little water to make the mixing easier.
Brussel sprouts and green bean juice
Just like the foregoing juice, this juice can help you to reduce the levels of sugar in the blood, and also help reduce blood pressure.
Brussel sprouts and green beans are rich in minerals and vitamin B6, keys to decrease blood sugar levels, so both ingredients are also a natural source of vegetable insulin.
- 10-12 Brussel sprouts
- 2 cups of green beans
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 1 cucumber (optional)
Clean all the ingredients well and then mix them in a blender with a little water, to make the mixing easier.
Finally, it is recommended to drink either of these juices every day on an empty stomach to help reduce Type 2 diabetes.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Chatterjee, S., Khunti, K., & Davies, M. J. (2017). Type 2 diabetes. The Lancet. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(17)30058-2
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). (2015). Type 2 diabetes in adults: management. NICE. https://doi.org/10.1021/ja0026354