How to Relieve Tendinitis with Very Effective Natural Solutions
If you need an effective way to relieve tendonitis, then you might want to try the following natural remedies. A few key tips, including certain foods and supplements, can help soothe tendonitis pain.
Tendinitis is as common as it is annoying. There are several situations that can make you prone to this condition, such as performing unhealthy movements or overworking the affected area. However, it’s possible to relieve tendinitis.
Tendinitis occurs when your tendons become inflamed. Just like with any inflammation, you will experience pain. It often takes place when there is a sudden exaggerated movement, repetitive moments, or too much effort exerted on the area.
It’s more common to develop tendinitis in the knees, shoulders, forearms, fists, and feet. However, any tendon is capable of experiencing tendinitis. If you treat it on time, there are many possibilities for it to be cured, but it should be treated correctly and with physical therapy.
Four Steps to Relieve Tendinitis
Recovering from tendinitis must begin at home. In order to speed up your recovery, you must accompany the treatment recommended by the specialist with four steps that you need to thoroughly follow:
It’s essential for the affected tissue to heal. T
However, this doesn’t mean that you should absolutely rest and do nothing, because this will only contribute to the stiffness of the area. Nevertheless, you should avoid activities that increase your pain, such as high-impact sports and hard work.
If you can, try doing low-impact exercises that don’t cause pain to the affected tendon. This would be a good time to practice water sports. Once you notice the swelling going down, completely and gently move the joint to maintain its flexibility.
Read this article, too: Factors that Affect the Quality of Your Rest
Ice is an ideal companion when it comes to the recovery process because it helps reduce inflammation, pain and muscle spasms. Use ice water baths, ice packs or ice massages.
- To do an ice massage, you just have to freeze an ice pack and apply it in the affected area while making smooth movements for about 20 minutes several times a day. The more ice you use, the better.
- However, you should always apply it with a cloth to avoid direct contact with the ice and skin, thus preventing further damage.
Applying ice packs will help you quickly relieve tendinitis pain.
This technique allows you to limit the movement of the affected area, preventing further damage and pain. On the other hand, it helps reduce inflammation.
- To do so, use elastic bandages compressors or classic compresses.
Raising the affected area above heart level will reduce excessive blood in the affected area, especially at the moment you get injured. This way, you can reduce the inflammation and pain that appears after injury.
- When you raise your limb, apply the ice. That way, you can quickly control the inflammation and you will reduce the damage suffered.
Foods to Eat to Relieve Tendinitis
Try eating foods that contribute to an easy recovery and therapy. These include:
- Products with bromelain. This is an enzyme with anti-inflammatory properties that will help you relieve pain and recover quickly. Pineapple is a great example.
- Omega-3 is an essential fatty acid that will participate in your recovery process by reducing inflammation in the affected area and relieving pain. You can find it in fish and dried fruits.
- All minerals are necessary to relieve Tendinitis. In this case, silicon and magnesium are the most important, because they will directly act on the affected tendon and help you recover. You can get several fruits and vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, and practically any kind of fruit. Dark chocolate is also a significant source of magnesium!
- You can add herbs, fruits, and vegetables to your diet that have anti-inflammatory properties or work as pain killers. Pineapples, apples and cherries are great examples.
- Vitamins are always needed for recovering from any discomfort. If you have tendinitis, consume vitamin C. It comes from citrus fruits, red bell peppers, broccoli, and cauliflower. Don’t forget vitamin B1, which you can get from eggs, nuts and powdered milk. Also, vitamin B5 from whole grains will be helpful.
Natural Remedies to Relieve Tendinitis
Natural remedies always contribute to the recovery process. They’re our allies, so let’s see what ones can help you.
Mustard oil has anti-inflammatory properties and relieves pain. Also, the magnesium it contains is excellent for conserving muscles and tendons.
- In order to relieve tendinitis, massage the affected area with a lot of oil for about 20 minutes two or three times a day.
This oil is ideal for relieving pain and alleviating the sensitivity of the affected area. Also, it reduces inflammation.
- Heat the castor oil in a saucepan, then dip a towel or cloth and wrap the affected tendon.
- Doing it twice a day is enough to relieve the pain.
We can’t forget to mention the analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties of this spice. With this spice, you can relieve pain and reduce swelling.
- Drink a glass of warm milk with turmeric twice a day. You’ll notice a difference!
Check out this article, too: Ginger and Turmeric for Your Joint Pain Relief
This is a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent that will help you to relieve pain and inflammation, to heal the injured tendons, and restore their movement.
- Drink two teaspoons of ginger powder twice a day. It will be very effective.
Ginger is a powerful anti-inflammatory and pain killer that relieves tendinitis.
Finally, you must be patient in order to relieve tendinitis.
Get the necessary amount of rest, because your recovery will depend on it. Remember that it’s preferable to be calm for a few days in order to remain in motion for the rest of your life. Employ good eating habits and follow the recommendations from your specialist.