How to Prepare Healthy Oatmeal and Raisin Cookies
If as you get older you still get excited by the smell of cookies baking in the oven, these deliciously healthy oatmeal and raisin cookies will bring back those childhood memories.
Today we have a delicious recipe that will satisfy your cravings without any of the guilt. These healthy oatmeal and raisin cookies have fewer calories than the average cookie, are filled with nutrients and have no trace of sugar.
Oatmeal and raisin cookies are easy to prepare, spend less time in the oven and last for several days.
Without further ado, here are the simple instructions for these deliciously healthy oatmeal and raisin cookies.
Recipe for healthy oatmeal and raisin cookies
The traditional recipe for oatmeal and raisin cookies is delicious and healthy.
Follow this simple recipe to make super delicious oatmeal and raisin cookies. They are very popular in some countries, especially in the United States. You could have tried them before, and it may surprise you how easy they are to make.
You may be interested in: Sugar-Free Berry Jam
- 1 cup raw oats (40 g)
- 1 cup flour (120 g)
- ¼ cup stevia or honey (60 g)
- ½ cup oil (125 ml)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (15 g)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup raisins (150 g)
Read this article: 11 benefits of raisins
- Pour all dry ingredients into a bowl. That is, oats, wheat flour, stevia (or honey) and one tablespoon of baking powder.
- Then, add the eggs and use a whisk to mix together vigorously.
- Slow the mixing and gradually pour the oil into the mixture. Continue mixing the ingredients.
- Check the consistency of the dough. If the consistency doesn’t look thick enough, add a little more of each ingredient. If it looks too thick, slowly add a little water and mix until you get the right consistency.
- Make sure you sweeten with stevia or honey. If you want it to be sweeter, these quantities may vary.
- Prepare the dough, pour the dough into the cookie mold and once the tray is full, it’s ready to go in the oven.
- Almost finished – place the raisins on the top of each cookie.
- Turn the oven to 180ºC and bake for 25 minutes.
- Check that they have risen.
- To check if they are ready, prod them with a knife. If it comes out clean, they’re ready to eat.
- Finally, remove them from the oven, allow them to cool for a few minutes and enjoy them with a hot coffee, chocolate or a glass of warm milk. Delicious!