Try This Honey and Garlic Remedy to Take Care of Your Liver
A honey and garlic remedy is one of the most popular when it comes to relieving discomforts, such as a sore throat. However, did you know that it could also take care of your liver?
According to beliefs, both garlic and honey are suitable foods to take care of your liver health, since both contain a considerable amount of antioxidants and essential nutrients.
Below, we’ll tell you more about the ingredients of this remedy, its possible health contributions, and, also, the recipe so you can make it at home.
How could honey contribute to liver health?
The Spanish Nutrition Foundation (FEN) experts point out that honey is a food that offers great therapeutic possibilities.
It contains sugars, amino acids, tannins, glucose, and alkaloids. Therefore, it’s considered a food that, if included in the diet, could provide health benefits.
According to a study published in 2017, experts have proven honey to have strong antioxidant potential. It was concluded that dark-colored honey is usually richer in phenolic compounds and, therefore, has a higher antioxidant capacity.
Traditionally, this food has been attributed antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties. However, today its antioxidant capacity is often highlighted due to the findings of the latest studies.
Some hypotheses suggest that honey could improve liver health, given its antioxidant content. However, more studies are required.
Diet and nutrition experts warn that, although it’s a healthy food, people should consume it in moderation, as it’s very rich in calories.
Discover: Three Honey Remedies to Relieve the Flu
How could garlic contribute to liver health?
Experts have suggested that garlic could contribute to liver health due to its antioxidant and essential nutrient content, such as vitamin B6 and potassium.
The experts from the Spanish Nutrition Foundation indicate that garlic is a source of protein, iodine, phosphorus, potassium, vitamin B6, and sulfur compounds.
According to a 2009 study, fresh garlic extract could protect the liver from acetaminophen (Paracetamol) -induced toxicity in rodents. However, this has yet to be studied in humans.
Could it be useful to take a tablespoon of honey and garlic every day to maintain liver health? No specific scientific evidence affirms it. However, if you want to, at least try to maintain a healthy lifestyle to stay healthy. Don’t only rely on the consumption of a remedy.
Honey and garlic remedy recipe
Ingredients and materials
- 1 glass bottle or jar
- 1 head of garlic
- Enough honey to fill the glass container you’ve selected
- The first thing you need to do is peel the garlic cloves. Cut them in half with a sharp knife. This will help the natural and therapeutic benefits of the garlic be absorbed by the honey.
- The next step is easy. Just add the garlic cloves to the glass container and pour honey over the top, slowly.
- Make sure to keep any bubbles from forming and ensure that the garlic is completely covered. Use a spoon to remove any air pockets that may have formed.
- Cover the container tightly and let it sit for one week. Afterwards, it’ll be ready for consumption.
How to take it
- You can take a tablespoon a day of this honey and garlic treatment on an empty stomach on its own or diluted in half a cup of warm water.
How to have a healthy liver
One of the things you should never forget is that liver health is essential to our life and well-being. This means that any bad habit, such as tobacco, a bad diet, or even leading a sedentary life, has consequences.
You’ve surely had days when you felt bloated, with very low energy levels, a bad taste in your mouth and, in addition, heavy or slow digestion. Why is this?
Before self-medicating, it’s best to go see your doctor for a check-up. Likewise, we recommend improving your eating habits.
- A healthy liver promotes circulation and adequate blood flow. In addition, it correctly separates the nutrients from the toxic substances in our body.
- You need to drink plenty of fluids to promote this internal purification.
- The liver needs adequate levels of antioxidants and vitamin C. Therefore, be sure to eat foods that contain them.
- A good diet is key to maintaining a healthy liver. One model that can inspire you is the Harvard plate.
If you have questions about how to keep your liver healthy, consult your doctor and follow their recommendations.It might interest you...