Homemade Remedies for Constipation
One of the most common and bothersome digestive issues that many people all over the world suffer from is constipation, a health condition that may appear at any age.
For this reason, in this article, we will share certain homemade remedies for constipation. Moreover, the effects of these homemade remedies are felt almost immediately, providing you with as close to immediate relief as possible.
Drink Lots of Water
Water is one of the most effective remedies for constipation; in fact, it is necessary to drink approximately 8 glasses of water per day. Furthermore, our bodies are composed of 80 per cent water; thus, all of the organs in our bodies rely on water for life. In that same vein, water helps to transport nutrients to each and every one of our cells. In addition to all of that, it provides the moisture necessary in our intestines for our bowel movements to be softer and therefore we can eliminate our excrement much easier and prevent constipation.
Consume More Foods that are Rich in Fiber
If you do your best to increase your consumption of foods that are rich in fiber, you will be providing your body with the opportunity to prevent constipation. In cases where you are already suffering from constipation, you should consume even more fiber-rich foods to overcome and reverse this issue. It is absolutely indispensable to eat two or three portions of fruits and vegetables everyday.
In the following article, we will show you a food group that, if eaten regularly, could be a great help in avoiding constipation and many other digestive system related issues.
- -Beans, and generally all legumes, are foods that provide large amounts of fiber, along with proteins. They contain very little fat and they are a good meat substitute.
- -Broccoli, in addition to being very rich in fiber, has abundant natural antibiotic properties and it is recognized for having anti carcinogenic properties.
- -Nuts and dried fruits, such as figs, raisins, dried plums and dried apricots, among others, provide great relief from constipation through the stimulant action that they perform on the intestine, thus making it easier to have a bowel movement.
- –Raw nuts and seeds, such as sunflower seeds, hazelnuts and chestnuts are extremely healthy due to the amount of fiber they contain, along with protein, vitamin E and calcium.
- -Cherries contain ellagic acid, a compound that has anti carcinogenic properties and they are very effective in relieving constipation. They are also used to complete treatments in the cleaning of the kidneys.
- -Bananas possess a large amount of fiber and they stimulate digestion, which is very important for avoiding constipation.
- –Apples are rich in fiber, and the pectin that apples contain stimulate proper intestine functioning. Apple cider vinegar can be a fabulous natural laxative if you take two tablespoons of it in half a glass of water before you eat breakfast.
- –Carrots are rich in beta carotene, they are a natural detoxifier and they are rich in fiber, which helps to stimulate good intestine functioning, in turn allowing you to have regular and easy bowel movements.
- -Green vegetables, such as spinach and cauliflower, among others, provide your body with a large amount of essential vitamins and minerals that promote proper functioning of your body and prevent constipation.
Drink Fresh Juices and Smoothies
Drinking fresh juices made with fruits and vegetables is recommendable in order to improve your constipation problems effectively – and it doesn’t hurt that juices and smoothies are delicious. These homemade smoothies and juices are much healthier than store-bought and they contain high levels of antioxidants, which are absolutely necessary to help your body eliminate toxins that accumulate when we are not able to go to the bathroom regularly.
You Should Consume Healthy Oils
It is very important to use healthy oils when preparing your meals; healthy oils include coconut oil or olive oil. They also help to overcome constipation, since they stimulate digestion and they provide effective relief to flatulence and other issues that appear when one suffers from this malady.
Regularly Consume Probiotics
Bananas, tomatoes, garlic, onion and asparagus contain probiotics, which promote good proper functioning of the intestines and the digestive system. Thus, they are extremely useful in eliminating excrement regularly and much more easily and therefore preventing constipation.
Cleanse Your Colon with Oxygen Based Products
It has been scientifically proven that cleansing your colon with these oxygen based products can help to relieve constipation as well as helping to cleanse your body of toxins that have accumulated in the intestine. The use of these products is not very common, but it is the most secure since it does not cause harmful effects on the digestive tract, since it is much milder than common laxatives.