How to Cleanse Toxic Substances from Your Intestines
Our intestines are responsible for eliminating excess waste from our bodies. In this article, we’re going to talk about how to cleanse some of the toxic substances from your intestines with natural remedies and healthy habits.
It’s just like it is with other organs that deal with cleaning out and filtering substances in the body (like the liver and the kidneys. Bad lifestyle habits, exposure to pollution, and poor diet could be overworking your intestines and preventing them from functioning correctly.
This causes your intestines to start building up a lot of toxins. Over time, they can take a real toll on your health. They might take the form of bad breath, heartburn, heaviness in the stomach or bowels, poor digestion, diarrhea, gassiness and, in some cases, headaches and insomnia.
5 simple tips on how to cleanse toxic substances from your intestines at home
If you want to cleanse away the toxic substances in your intestines from home, we have some great recommendations. They’ll help you clean them out in a healthy, effective way.
- Drink more water: an intestinal cleanse may cause dehydration, so it’s important to increase the amount of water that you drink per day. This will keep you hydrated and help your body get rid of the toxins and waste that have built up in your intestines. Drink room temperature water with a bit of lemon for an even stronger effect.
- Diet: while you’re doing a cleanse, you should aim for a light diet with plenty of vegetables and fruit juices, along with other easy-to-digest foods. Avoid large meals, because this will make extra work for your intestines and interfere with the cleansing process. Broths and vegetable soups can help restore your body’s natural electrolytes.
- Vitamins and supplements: cleansing your intestines may result in a temporary loss of vital nutrients. If possible, you should make up for that loss with supplements and natural sources of vitamins. Increasing your vitamin C intake will help keep your immune system strong.
- Consume more probiotics: it’s very important to consume probiotic foods while you’re doing a cleanse, because your body might eliminate the good bacteria along with the bad. By consuming probiotics, you will be able to make up for this loss and replenish your body’s good bacteria for intestinal health.
- Detoxifying bath: the last tip to help with the intestinal purifying process is to take a bath in water treated with medicinal plants. This will help your body expel toxins through your skin. Ideally, you should boil the herbs in the water. Afterwards, wrap yourself in a towel or blanket so that the vapor can soak into your skin.
A juice to cleanse toxic substances from your intestines
This powerful juice is great for cleansing your intestines getting your body to eliminate the toxins that it really doesn’t want around.
The juice is made up of strawberries, pineapple and parsley, and is known for its purifying and digestive properties. These will help you combat constipation, reduce intestinal inflammation, fight gasiness and generally help cleanse your digestive tract.
- ½ cup of strawberries, chopped.
- 2 slices of pineapple, chopped.
- 1 sprig of parsley, chopped.
- 1 cup of tap or mineral water.
Put all of the ingredients in a blender, mix them well, and serve. The best time to drink this juice is at breakfast or before any large meal.
You might like:
If you prefer to cleanse your intestines by drinking teas, we recommend artichoke or milk thistle tea. Both of these plants are known for their purifying properties, which get the body to eliminate the toxins and liquids that have built up in it.
Cayenne pepper is a purifying agent that can be really helpful for intestinal cleanses. Try putting this spice into natural smoothies or mixing it with a bit of lemon. However you prepare it, drink the mixture several times a day.
The shells on psyllium (Plantago psyllium) and seaweed are known for their ability to absorb and eliminate the toxins built up in our intestines. Both of these plants form a gel that helps to lubricate feces. This makes them perfect solutions for combatting problems like constipation and irritable bowel syndrome, among others.It might interest you...