Homemade Lemon Pie Recipe
If you want to try a delicious and simple recipe, take a look at this lemon pie recipe. It’s low in calories, refreshing, and recommendable for all family members thanks to its numerous health properties. As you already know, lemons contain a treasure trove of delicious benefits.
We should also point out that this recipe is fitting for diabetics. In this case, we’re using stevia, so it is very great for people who are dieting as well as for those who need to control their sugar intake. Are you ready to enjoy one of the most delicious pies ever? Well then, let’s get to it.
Nutritional benefits of lemon pie
- Because it has Vitamin C, it strengthens the body’s immune system, helping you fight off illnesses. That’s especially true for the ones in the respiratory tract: colds, flues, congestion, snoring, tonsillitis, etc.
- It’s also a good source of antioxidants.
- Lemon is very rich in minerals, like potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, sodium, phosphorus.
- This pie is also a very beneficial source of the entire Vitamin B complex, which are basic for digestion, protection from certain diseases, and improving metabolism.
- The lemon pie that we are going to show you is fitting for diabetics and people on a diet, because it’s sugar-free.
Also Read: Foods that Provide the Most Potassium
Lemon Pie Recipe
For the crumbly crust
- One and a half cups of flour
- 100 grams of butter
- Half teaspoon powdered stevia
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoon of ice cold water
For lemon pie filling
- Juice from 5 lemons
- Half teaspoon powdered stevia
- 75 grams cornstarch (corn flour)
- 6 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 45 grams butter
- Half a glass cold milk
- 3 walnuts, cut into pieces
Directions for lemon pie
1. Begin by greasing the pan with butter. This will also prevent the pie from sticking to it.
2. Then, preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
3. Begin to prepare the crumbly crust, which is also very simple. Follow a few steps: grab a bowl and the first thing to do is mix the flour with the butter. This will make the crust finer. All you have to use is your fingertips to blend the indicated amount of flour with the butter.
4. Add stevia, the 3 egg yolks, and the water needed to make the crust uniform in consistency. Mix well until forming a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in the fridge for 15 minutes.
5. Once the 15 minutes is up, check that the crust is perfectly uniform. This is also the time to please it in the pan. For this, make sure it’s molded to the pan’s shape and sticks well, but remember to make the edges at least 2 cm tall. It needs to be high enough to then pour the mix inside it.
6. Bake the crust for 25 minutes.
7. Once baked, let cool at room temperature.
8. Now it’s time to make the lemon filling. This, too, is simple. Begin by squeezing the juice from the lemons, and add half a teaspoon of stevia to it.
9. Now, heat the juice in a pot, and bring it to a boil.
10. Take half a glass of cold milk and add the 75 grams of cornstarch to it. Also stir well to remove lumps. Once there are no longer any lumps, add this mixture to the pot that have the boiling lemon juice. The mixture will thicken, and you will end up with a cream free from lumps.
11. Stir while it thickens. Afterward, add the egg yolks and butter. Do not stop stirring.
12. Once it’s smooth, remove from heat and let cool at room temperature.
13. Then pour this delicious mixture into the crumbly crust, and bake it for another 15 minutes.
14. Now it’s time to make the meringue. For this, beat the egg whites until firm. Once they’re ready, decorate the pie with it as you like. To finish up, you can also place the walnut pieces on top, which will give it a very delicious touch.
15. Broil for just a few minutes until golden. You can also serve it on a large dish, which makes it look magnificent.It might interest you...