If you want to try a delicious and simple recipe, don’t miss out on this lemon pie. It is also low in calories, refreshing, and recommendable for all family members, thanks to its numerous health properties. As you already know, lemons contain a treasure of delicious benefits.
Let us point out as well that this recipe we are going to give you below is fitting for diabetics. We are going to use stevia, so it is very recommendable both for people who are dieting, as well as for those that need to control their sugar dosage. Are you ready to enjoy one of the most delicious pies ever? Well then, let’s go.
Nutritional benefits of lemon pie
- Thanks so its vitamin C, it strengthens the body’s defenses, preventing illnesses, especially ones in the respiratory tract: colds, flue, congestion, snoring, tonsillitis…
- It is an appropriate source of antioxidants.
- It also contains anti-toxic principles that help defend the body from microbial agents and the effects of some medications.
- Lemon is very rich in minerals, like potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, sodium, phosphorus…
- It also is a very beneficial source of the entire vitamin B complex, which are basic for digestion, protection from certain diseases, and improving metabolism.
- The lemon pie that we are going to show you is fit for diabetics and people on a diet, because it is sugar-free.
Lemon Pie Recipe
For the crumbly crust
- One and a half cups of flour
- 100 grams of butter
- Half teaspoon powdered stevia
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 Tbsp. ice cold water
For lemon pie filling
- Juice from 5 lemons
- Half teaspoon powdered stevia
- 75 grams cornstarch (corn flour)
- 6 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 45 grams butter
- Half glass cold milk
- 3 walnuts, in pieces
Directions for lemon pie
1. Begin by greasing the pan with butter. This will prevent the pie from sticking to it.
2. Then, preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
3. Begin to prepare the crumbly crust, which is very simple. Follow a few steps: grab a bowl and the first thing to do is mix the flour with the butter. This will make the crust finer. All you have to use is your fingertips to blend the indicated amount of flour with the butter.
4. Add stevia, the 3 egg yolks, and the water needed to make the crust uniform in consistency. Mix well until forming a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in the fridge for 15 minutes.
5. Once the 15 minutes is up, check that the crust is perfectly uniform. This will be when you place it in the pan. For this, make sure it is molded to the pan’s shape and sticks well, but remember to make the edges at least 2 cm tall. It needs to be high enough to then pour the mix inside it.
6. Bake the crust for 25 minutes.
7. Once baked, let cool at room temperature.
8. Now it’s time to make the lemon filling. This too is simple. Begin by squeezing the juice from the lemons, and add half a teaspoon of stevia to it.
9. Now, heat the juice in a pot, and let boil.
10. Take half a glass of cold milk and add the 75 grams of cornstarch to it. Stir well to remove lumps. Once there are no longer any lumps, add this mixture to the pot that have the boiling lemon juice. The mixture will thicken, and you will avoid an annoying lumps in the cream.
11. Stir while it thickens. Afterward, add the egg yolks and butter. Do not stop stirring.
12. Once it is smooth, remove from heat and let cool at room temperature.
13. Then pour this delicious mixture into the crumbly crust, and bake another 15 minutes.
14. Now it’s time to make the meringue. For this, beat the egg whites until firm. Once they’re ready, decorate the pie with it as you like. To finish up, you can place the walnut pieces on top, which will give it a very delicious touch.
15. Broil for just a few minutes until golden. You can serve it on a large dish, which makes this a simply magnificent product.