Homemade Garlic and Lemon Remedy for Abdominal Fat
The buildup of abdominal fat is a condition that affects millions of people around the world. It can get worse as the years pass and it’s one of the most difficult problems to combat, especially when your metabolism isn’t working properly. Although many people might consider it to be an aesthetic problem, it’s important to resolve before it can lead to some serious health risks. Here we will talk about a great garlic a lemon remedy to combat this.
More than affecting the way you look, it’s important to be aware that excess abdominal fat increases your chance of developing certain illnesses. Both health and nutrition experts agree that the most effective way to combat this is by adopting a balanced diet and getting regular physical exercise.
However, there are also other things that can help you, which serve as a complement to achieve good results in a shorter amount of time. This is true for a garlic and lemon remedy that you can make at home, which reduces cholesterol levels and fights excess fat.
In today’s article, we want to describe all its benefits in details and tell you how to consume it to get the best results.
What are the benefits of garlic and lemon to fight belly fat?
This garlic and lemon remedy is a traditional recipe that’s been used for centuries to treat a variety of ailments.
Both ingredients have purifying and digestive properties that help boost the elimination of waste and improve the function of your liver and colon.
Garlic contains an active substance called allicin, which has positive results when it comes to reducing cholesterol levels and the risk of heart disease.
Garlic also contains anti-inflammatory properties and acts as a diuretic to stimulate the removal of excess fluid from swollen tissues.
It’s considered a natural appetite suppressant because when ingested it prolongs feelings of fullness and slows the desire to consume more calories.
The high content of antioxidants prevents cellular damage as well as other problems related to premature aging.
We recommend you read:
10 liver cleansing foods
These benefits are all enhanced by the consumption of lemon, a citrus fruit that has strong cleansing and digestion-enhancing powers, and it’s been used since ancient times to cleanse the bloodstream and reduce cholesterol.
Flavonoids, substances that act as antioxidants, also promote the digestion of fats and prevent them from building up in the abdomen or bloodstream.
This lemon remedy contains a fiber known as pectin, which calms cravings for food and alleviates problems with digestion.
How do you make this garlic and lemon remedy for abdominal fat?
Before you prepare this garlic and lemon remedy, it’s important that you understand it’s not a “miracle” weight loss cure—it’s only intended to supplement your diet.
The advantage it has over other products is that it’s 100% natural and can be incorporated into your balanced meal plan.
The benefits provided in each case will vary based on how well your individual metabolism is functioning. But if you control your caloric intake and increase your energy expenditure through exercise, you’ll start to see the difference in just a few weeks.
We recommend you read:
- 2 heads of garlic
- The juice from 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 liter of water
- Peel the garlic and crush each clove.
- Thoroughly wash the two lemons and slice them, preserving the peel.
- Pour the water into a pot, add the garlic and lemon slices, and bring them to a boil for 15 minutes.
- After this time, strain the liquid and drink it.
- You can store it at room temperature or in the fridge.
- If you don’t want to cook this garlic and lemon remedy, you can also store all the ingredients in a jar and let it sit for 24 hours.
Mode of consumption
- You can divide the amount that you prepare into three or more doses per day.
- It’s ideal to drink a cup before or during each of your three main meals.
- It’s a good idea to do this for three days in a row for detox. Then wait a week before resuming.
We know that for a lot of people it may be difficult to handle the bitter and unpleasant flavor, so you can add a little organic honey for easier consumption.
As with other good habits, it’s worth making the effort to enjoy all the benefits it will provide.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Gómez, L. J. G., & Sánchez-Muniz, F. J. (2000). Revisión: Efectos cardiovasculares del ajo (Allium sativum). Archivos Latinoamericanos de Nutricion. https://doi.org/10.1530/REP-13-0461
- López Luengo, M. T. (2007). El ajo. Offarm.
- Turhan, H. (2006). Lemon balm. In Handbook of Herbs and Spices. https://doi.org/10.1533/9781845691717.3.390
- Bruzone, I. (2012). Aceite esencial de limón. Alimentos Argentinos. https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9120/47/2/197