5 Home Remedies for Plantar Fasciitis
Plantar fasciitis is a condition that is caused by inflammation of the fascia. This is a band of connective tissue. Its main job is to contract the sole of your foot to reduce the impact that you receive with each movement. In today’s article we’ll look at some great home remedies for plantar fasciitis.
This condition starts when you stretch your feet incorrectly. However, it can also appear because of injuries, physical overexertion, and using footwear with insufficient support.
This is a problem that often affects overweight and obese people. This is because the extra pounds put more stress on your feet. As a result, your feet suffer from small injuries.
You will then often get a feeling of pain in the sole of your feet and heels. In rare cases, it also causes discomfort in your ankles.
The good news is that this can be treated naturally. There are some remedies that have pain relieving and anti-inflammatory properties, and today we’ll be sharing 5 with you.
Remedies for plantar fasciitis
1. Epsom salts
The first of our remedies for plantar fasciitis involves Epsom salts. Its minerals help to relax the muscles in your feet, and, as a result, this reduces the pain that comes with plantar fasciitis.
This remedy works as an anti-inflammatory and a calming agent. It also helps to increase your circulation.
- 5 cups of water
- 4 tablespoons of Epsom salts
- Firstly, heat the water until it’s warm enough to soak your feet without burning them.
- Then add the Epsom salts and stir them so they dissolve.
- Soak your feet for 20 minutes and rest.
- Repeat the remedy until you get rid of the problem.
Gingerol, one of the active components in ginger, has pain relieving and anti-inflammatory properties. These help to calm the pain caused by this condition.
It can be drunk as a tea, or ginger essential oil can be used for a massage.
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 1 cup of water
- Add the grated ginger to a cup of boiling water. Let it stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Drink this tea up to two times per day.
This spice improves the circulation in the soles of your feet by reducing the tension of your muscles. It is one of the best remedies for plantar fasciitis.
- 1 cup of water
- ½ tablespoon of powdered turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Heat the cup of water, and then add the turmeric powder and honey.
- Drink this every night before going to bed until the pain is gone.
- As an option, you can mix a little turmeric powder with water. Rub this paste directly on your feet.
4. Apple cider vinegar
Because of its content of natural acids, apple cider vinegar can be used for many different conditions, and is very beneficial for your feet.
Applying it reduces fungi that cause infections. As a result, it can relax the sole of your foot and reduce the inflammation of fasciitis.
- 5 cups of water
- ½ cup of apple cider vinegar
- Heat the water. Before it boils, pour the water in a tub.
- Mix in the apple cider vinegar. Make sure it’s cool enough for your skin.
- Soak your feet for 20 minutes.
5. Coconut and lavender oil
The last of our remedies for plantar fasciitis is a therapeutic combination of coconut oil with lavender oil. It is an anti-inflammatory product, and this makes it perfect for relieving plantar fasciitis.
These ingredients stimulate the blood flow to the affected area. And, after giving a warming feeling, they get rid of your tension and pain.
- 2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of lavender oil
- Heat the coconut oil in a double boiler. Then, mix in the lavender oil.
- Before the oil cools, massage your feet for five minutes. Be sure to check the temperature of the oil to make sure it isn’t too hot.
- Firstly, rub the oil on your feet. Then use your fingertips to lightly press the affected areas.
- Don’t rinse the oil off. Let it absorb into your foot. Repeat this treatment every night until you get rid of the pain.
As we’ve shown you, there are several natural ingredients that help your feet to relax. As a result, this can reduce the pain caused by plantar fasciitis.
Choose the treatment that you like the most. If possible, compliment it with exercises for the affected areas.