5 Home Remedies to Relieve Plantar Fasciitis
Applying some natural ingredients topically can help you relieve plantar fasciitis. This is because their properties relax the area and reduce inflammation at the same time.
Plantar fasciitis is a condition that is caused by inflammation of the fascia. This is a band of connective tissue. Its main job is to contract the sole of your foot to reduce the impact that you receive with each movement.
This condition stats by stretching your feet wrong. But, it can also appear because of injuries, physical overexertion, and using footwear with insufficient support.
This is a problem that often affects overweight and obese people. This is because the extra pounds put more stress on your feet. As a result, your feet suffer from micro injuries.
This shows up with a feeling of pain in the sole of your feet and heels. In rare cases, it also causes discomfort in your ankles.
The good news is that this can be treated naturally. There are some remedies that have pain relieving and anti-inflammatory properties. These help in your recovery.
In this article, we want to share five interesting options. Don’t wait to try them when you’re suffering from this disease.
1. Epsom salts
The minerals in Epsom salts help to relax the muscles in your feet. This reduces the pain that comes with plantar fasciitis.
This remedy works as an anti-inflammatory and a calming agent. It also helps to increase your circulation.
- 5 cups of water
- 4 tablespoons of Epsom salts
- Heat the water until it’s warm enough to soak your feet without burning them.
- Add the Epsom salts and stir them so they dissolve.
- Soak your feet for 20 minutes and rest.
- Repeat the remedy until you get rid of the problem.
Gingerol, one of the active components in ginger, has pain relieving and anti-inflammatory properties. These help to calm the pain caused by this condition.
This can be drunk as a tea. Or, ginger essential oil can be used for a massage.
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 1 cup of water
- Add the grated ginger to a cup of boiling water. Let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Drink this tea up to two times per day.
Turmeric has a natural active ingredient called curcumin. This isn’t just an antioxidant. It also acts as an anti-inflammatory and a relaxer.
This spice improves the circulation in the soles of your feet. By reducing the tension of your muscles. It calms the pain of fasciitis.
- 1 cup of water
- ½ tablespoon of powdered turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Heat the cup of water. Then, add the turmeric powder and honey.
- Drink this every night before going to bed until the pain is gone.
- As an option, you can soak a little turmeric powder with water. Then you can rub this paste directly on your feet.
4. Apple cider vinegar
Because of its content of natural acids, apple cider vinegar is a multiuse ingredient. It can give your feet many health benefits.
Applying it reduces fungi that cause infections. And, as a result, it relaxes the sole of your foot. This reduces the inflammation of fasciitis.
- 5 cups of water
- ½ cup of apple cider vinegar
- Hat the cups of water. Before it boils, pour the water in a tub.
- Mix in the apple cider vinegar. Make sure it’s cool enough for your skin.
- Soak your feet for 20 minutes.
5. Coconut and lavender oil
The combination of coconut oil with lavender oil gives you a remedy that’s therapeutic. It is an anti-inflammatory product. This makes it perfect for relieving plantar fasciitis.
These ingredients stimulate the blood flow to the affected area. And, after giving a warming feeling, they get rid of your tension and pain.
- 2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of lavender oil
- Heat the coconut oil in a double boiler. Then, mix in the lavender oil.
- Before the oil cools, massage your feet for five minutes. But, be sure to check the temperature of the oil to make sure it isn’t too hot.
- Rub the oil on your feet. Use your fingertips to lightly press the affected areas.
- Don’t rinse the oil off. Let it absorb into your foot. Repeat this treatment every night until you get rid of the pain.
Like we’ve shown you, there are several natural ingredients that help your feet to relax. This reduces the pain caused by fasciitis.
Choose the treatment that you like the most. If possible, compliment it with exercises for the affected areas.