Overcoming fatigue with these five home remedies
Tiredness is a common symptom usually caused by poor sleep, an intense day at work, or an exhausting trip. This kind of physical and mental weakness can ruin your day due to bodily weakness and difficulty concentrating. Here are some tips for overcoming fatigue?
Fortunately, in most cases, this exhaustion is fleeting and disappears after enough rest and eating healthy foods. But there are other times in which it’s just your body’s reaction to some sort of disease, which makes you feel fatigued more often.
Fortunately, thanks to the active compounds in natural ingredients, overcoming fatigue is possible with healthy, low-cost home remedies. You must run them by your doctor, as usual.
Today we’re going to share 5 of these remedies with you. You should definitely consider using them over the commercial solutions you can find the market.
Also Read: Five Yoga Poses to Restore Your Energy
Five natural solutions for overcoming fatigue
1. Ginger infusion
Ginger’s anti-inflammatory and analgesic compounds are well-known. According to this investigation of the Cuban Journal of Medicinal Plants, it’s quite effective against muscular aches and pains. Its high antioxidant content helps eliminate toxins from the body, while also blocking the effects of free radicals.
It has a stimulating effect on the nervous system, according to the study. It helps increase energy for better performance.
- 1 tsp grated ginger (5 grams)
- 1 c. water (250 mL)
- Firstly, boil the cup of water and then pour over the grated ginger.
- Allow to steep for 10 minutes, then strain and drink.
- Finally, drink up to three cups a day.
See Also: How to Eliminate Mental and Physical Fatigue Naturally
2. Oatmeal drink
Oats contain carbohydrates and fiber that increase bodily energy while reducing fatigue. They’re considered to be one of the healthiest foods around because they improve digestion and cardiovascular health.
- 2 tbsp oatmeal (20 grams)
- 1 glass of oat milk (200 mL)
- Honey (optional)
- Firstly, mix the oatmeal with the milk and add a bit of honey if you would like it a little sweeter.
- Then, blend everything for a few seconds, then serve without straining.
- Finally, drink it throughout the day.
3. Apple, orange and lemon juice
This delicious drink is not only a tonic, but it may be good for strengthening the body’s defenses and preventing disease thanks to its high content of antioxidants. It also contains significant amounts of Vitamin C, which is fundamental to our organism according to this study by the National Institutes of Health. It also contains fiber, which helps promote waste elimination for a healthier body.
- 2 apples
- 5 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 glass water (125 mL)
- Firstly, wash and dice the apples, without removing the skin.
- Then, squeeze the juice from the oranges and lemon.
- Add everything to the blender with the water and blend into a uniform mixture.
- Finally, serve it immediately and without straining it, preferably before breakfast.
4. Ginseng infusion for overcoming fatigue
Ginseng is great for your health because of its high vitamin and mineral content. Its regular consumption will keep away illness and will reduce fatigue related to work stress or exhaustion.
- 1 piece of ginseng root
- 1 c. water (250 mL)
- Honey (optional)
- Firstly, bring the water to a boil. Once boiling, add the ginseng root and simmer on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Then, remove from heat and allow to steep. Strain the liquid.
- To strengthen the effects, add a bit of honey to it and drink. This substance is great for healing wounds.
- Finally, drink it once a day or whenever you feel the need to get rid of fatigue.
5. Yogurt and banana shake
This yogurt and banana shake is a healthy drink due to its content of fiber, minerals, and vitamins, which reduce physical and mental fatigue.
It also has wheat germ in it, along with strawberries and milk. These ingredients contain carbohydrates and quality antioxidants which stop oxidative stress while reducing the feeling of hunger and weakness.
- 1 c. plain yogurt (240 grams)
- 1 banana
- 3 tbsp wheat germ (30 grams)
- 5 strawberries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (2.5 grams)
- 1 tbsp skim milk (10 mL)
- Firstly, slice the banana and wash the strawberries.
- Then, place in the blender along with the remaining ingredients and process for a few minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Finally, drink it immediately.
Any of these home remedies will help to overcome your fatigue so you can be more active and with a higher sense of well-being. However, you must complement these drinks with enough rest, a balanced diet, and the regular practice of relaxation techniques.