Healthy Jam Recipe to Strengthen Your Immune System
Did you know that something as simple as a healthy jam recipe can help to boost your immune system?
It’s true: your body’s immune system is in charge of your defense mechanisms that protect your tissues from attacking disease-causing microorganism.
It is made up of lymphoid tissue, which makes up part of your bone marrow, and also works thanks to the lymph nodes and digestive system.
Together, they produce antibodies. And, these antibodies inhibit and destroy antigens before they can cause serious health issues.
Additionally, the problem is that many different external and internal factors keep your immune system from working as it should. And, once it’s weakened, your risk of infection and chronic disorders goes up.
That’s why it’s so important to live a healthy lifestyle. Also, complement this healthy lifestyle with certain foods to strengthen it. For instance, try this healthy jam recipe.
While there are many foods that can boost your immune system, of course, today we’d like to present a healthy, delicious mandarin jam recipe.
This healthy jam recipe is easy to make and provides a vitamin C boost to your body in exchange for very few calories.
Ready to try it?
Mandarin jam to strengthen your immune system
This healthy jam recipe is a great one to make a regular part of your diet if you want to give your body the nutrients it needs to keep your defenses up.
The healthy jam recipe is 100% natural, low in calories, with vitamin C to improve your immune system.
In addition to the vitamin C, it also contains:
- Vitamin A, Vitamin B complex, and Vitamin E
- Amino acids
Why does the jam help my immune system?
Please note: this jam includes sugar and is not suitable for people with diabetes. However, this jam is great for your immune system due to its vitamin C content.
This nutrient strengthens your body’s response to pathogenic attacks, and since it supports the phagocytic action of your cells, it helps your body recognize viruses and infectious bacteria better.
This means your defense mechanisms are activated on time, and complications are prevented in situations involving the flu, colds, and urinary tract infections, for example.
And since it contains antioxidants, the jam is perfect for keeping free radicals and toxins from damaging your cells and hindering your immune responses.
In general, adding this jam to your diet can help:
- Prevent and manage respiratory infections
- Help wounds heal better
- Prevent urinary tract infections
- Stimulate the removal of toxins and heavy metals from your body
- Synthesize collagen and protect cartilage
- Increase your physical and mental energy levels
“Take a look at this recipe: 5 Green Juice Recipes for Weight Loss”
How can I make mandarin jam at home?
Making this jam at home is easy and doesn’t take any expensive ingredients.
In fact, besides the mandarin, all you need is organic sugar and a bit of lemon juice.
Let’s get started!
- 1 pound of mandarins
- The peel of 1 mandarin, grated
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/4 cup of organic sugar (250 g)
- First, peel the mandarins and keep one to grate.
- Next, remove the white part that covers the sections, along with the seeds.
- After preparing the mandarin sections, add them to a pot and put it on medium heat, adding the lemon juice and grated mandarin peel.
- If necessary, add a bit of water to help the fruit break down.
- Then, once it reaches the texture you want, add the organic sugar little by little.
- Next, lower the heat and stir constantly with a wooden or silicon spoon.
- The cooking may take between 25 and 30 minutes, constantly stirring to prevent it from sticking to the pot.
- After this time, and once you like the texture, remove from heat and let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Lastly, store it in a sterilized and airtight container.
How to consume
- Have the mandarin jam with breakfast along with toast or bread.
- Have up to 2 tablespoons (40 g) a day.
How do you like it? Get excited about making it at home and enjoying its wonderful flavor and nutrients.It might interest you...