What Is the Healthiest Bread?
Bread and grains are an essential part of a healthy and balanced diet. There are many people who decide to go without it in order to lose weight, but nutritionists say that this is not correct. It gives you fiber and carbohydrates, which are essential to your body. You need to know what type of bread is the best and consume it in a balanced way. We will explain.
Some current weight loss diets make you leave foods behind that are necessary for you: essential foods like bread that give you not only fiber, but also amino acids, vitamins, minerals… A good diet should always be varied and bread – the healthiest and best bread- will always give you great benefits. Let’s look at the most important aspects.
Does Bread Make You Fat?
- It is definitely essential to keep a balance in everything you eat. For example, eating an orange or apple a day is very healthy, but if you eat 5 oranges, your sugar levels will start to rise and it won’t be healthy for you. With bread, the same thing will happen.
- Bread, consumed in moderation, does not necessarily make you fat. But then, what is the recommended amount? The WHO (World Health Organization) states that the normal amount is 250 grams. As an example, we can say that 100 grams of white bread gives you 290 calories and 100 grams of whole wheat bread gives you 243 calories. So, the problem occurs when you have something to go with the bread. You should be moderate and not go overboard with butter, cold cuts, etc.
What Is the Healthiest Bread and the Least Recommended Bread?
- Sliced bread is the least recommended. It has more fat, sugars, and additives in order for it to stay fresh for longer. It less healthy than the traditional kind. But this does not mean that it is “bad”, it just mean you should eat less amounts of it.
- The healthiest bread is the kind that has more grains and is made of 100% wheat flour. Look at the ingredients in order to find this out. It is also important that it has a good amount of grains. To figure this out, look at this grain’s composition: Bran: the outer part of the grain, it contains B vitamins, minerals and fiber. Germ: the part of the plant that also grows new plants, contains vitamin B, minerals, and proteins. Endosperm: the part inside the grain with proteins and carbohydrates.
The Healthiest Types of Breads
Whole Wheat Bread
- Wheat bread is the most common type and the most sold. It has insoluble fiber that helps prevent colon cancer.
- You should check that it is whole grains and has whole wheat flour as well because it can be mixed with other kinds and not be as healthy. You can normally see it as first sight. Simply get the kinds of bread that are the darkest because those are the ones that contain less ingredients and less additives. Recently, they have been selling a new type of bread with whole white wheat, which is made with white wheat instead of red. This is also a good option. It’s important to always know what ingredients it has.
- Oat bread is also very popular and just as healthy. It is usually combined with wheat flour, which makes it lighter and tastier, and less dry that is made from wheat base.
- Another interesting fact is that oat bread has soluble fiber, which is great for reducing cholesterol.
- Rye bread is not as common as wheat. Not many people like the taste and it is sold less, but you may not know is that it is a very healthy option.
- It is probably the best recommendation. This is a very tasty type of bread that has a good flavor that combines very well with sweet as well as salty. It is great for breakfast: a slice with a glass of orange juice, for example, has a good dose of energy, fiber, and vitamins.
- It has the most fiber and nutrients in it. It is an exquisite mixture of iron and B vitamins that take care of your health and that of your loved ones. Try to include it i your diet. It will help you not gain weight and you will know that it is the healthiest and tastiest option.