Health Benefits of Drinking Pineapple Water
Pineapple water contains anti-inflammatory and cleansing properties that, when taken on an empty stomach, are much more effective as the stomach will better absorb the nutrients and you'll benefit from all its properties.
We’re all familiar with the impressive benefits of this delicious and healthy fruit. But have you heard of drinking pineapple water?
Pineapple water is rich in essential nutrients. If you don’t add sugar, it is a great way to stay hydrated, fight inflammation, and protect the liver.
It’s easy to prepare and so delicious! Once you try it, we promise you’ll be hooked. Keep reading to find out more…
Benefits of drinking pineapple water on an empty stomach
We make many recommendations about different ways to cleanse the body and strengthen your immune system. For example:
- Drinking a glass of warm water with lemon in the morning.
- Eating a clove of garlic in the morning.
- Taking a tablespoon of olive oil with a few drops of lemon juice.
- Drinking a glass of water with a tablespoon of baking soda and a little lemon juice.
- Drinking a glass of water with honey on an empty stomach.
Remember that these treatments will affect everyone differently. Not all bodies are the same, and we all have our likes and dislikes. Whichever one is easiest to work into your daily routine will be the most effective.
Drinking pineapple water is also a smart way to complement the two liters of water you should be drinking every day.
Also read: How to Detox with Pineapple
Pineapple water is light, unsweetened, and doesn’t have the acidity of regular pineapple. Consequently, it is delicious and easy on even the most delicate stomachs.
Let’s take a look at how pineapple water can benefit your body.
1. It reduces inflammation
- As you already know, pineapple contains bromelain, an enzyme that fights inflammation. Bromelain destroys the toxins that attack our tissues and cause pain, edema and fluid retention.
- Pineapple water is a great natural remedy if you suffer from arthritis.
- We recommend that you start your day with a glass of pineapple water on an empty stomach so the stomach can better absorb the nutrients. After eating, pineapple’s purifying and anti-inflammatory action is impeded by other components of your food.
You might like: The Best Natural Remedies for Inflammation
2. It is a great weight loss supplement
Remember, pineapple water by itself will not make you shed pounds. You need to pair it with a balanced diet and exercise.
Drinking pineapple water on a regular basis can help you feel more satisfied after eating. You won’t crave as many sweets, and the thiamine in pineapple water will help increase your metabolism by converting carbohydrates into energy.
Pineapple water is perfect for staying hydrated on hot days, and the perfect post-workout drink. It has high levels of potassium which helps maintain a healthy electrolyte balance in your body and keeps feeling energized.
3. Drinking pineapple water is good for your intestines and liver
- The bromelain in pineapples acts as a catalyst in the liver, helping it to synthesize vitamins and proteins.
- Its beneficial enzymes and antioxidants will help you to cleanse your body of heavy metals.
- Eating natural pineapple is great for gut health and digestion.
4. Pineapple water is good for your thyroid gland
- Did you know that pineapple water contains iodine, an important nutrient for thyroid health? Not only that, but the bromelain could also protect you from some autoimmune diseases, which are related to the thyroid gland.
How do I make pineapple water?
- ½ pineapple
- 1 liter water
- This is the quickest and simplest way to make pineapple water. All you have to do is peel half a pineapple, cut it into smaller pieces, and add them to a pitcher of cold water.
- Let the pineapple soak overnight. The next day, remove the fruit (you can save it for later if you’d like). You can drink it throughout the day, but always remember to drink the first glass on an empty stomach.
- ½ a pineapple, with the rind intact
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 liter of water
- Cut the pineapple in half and remove the rind, but do not discard it.
- Cut the pineapple into chunks.
- Boil a liter of water and add the rind, pineapple, and cinnamon stick.
- Let it boil for at least 20 minutes.
- Let the mixture rest for 15 minutes, then strain the water into a pitcher.
- Put the pitcher in the fridge and drink well chilled. Cheers to your health!