Why You Should Drink a Glass of Water Half an Hour Before Eating
Did you know that a glass of water can help you digest fat better and fight constipation? Learn more in this article!
Drinking a glass of water a half hour before your meals is very good for your health.
We add the “or less” because it’s not a good idea to drink too much before eating. Having two or three glasses, for example, before eating will make it harder to digest your food.
The key, then, is in having a few sips of water to encourage proper digestion.
Another important point has to do with whether it’s good to drink water during meals.
It actually isn’t about whether it’s “good” or “bad,” but rather what is “recommended.”
Drinking too much while eating can affect your stomach acid. It will be less effective at breaking down food and getting rid of any bacteria you may have ingested along with it.
It’s no problem, for example, if you have a glass of wine with dinner.
However, to optimize digestion and take care of your health in your daily life, it’s “recommended” to have a glass of water 30 minutes before meals.
Below we’ll explain everything that this habit can do for your health.
Why it is recommended to drink a glass of water a half hour before eating
Follow this advice or don’t follow this advice: everyone knows how their individual body works and what makes you feel good.
Therefore, you must learn to listen to your body, understand what changes may make it feel better, and what habits it may be best to put aside.
We suggest that you just find out for yourself how your body reacts if you follow this simple piece of advice if you aren’t already: drink a glass of water or less a half hour before eating.
We’re sure you won’t regret it. You have nothing to lose if you try it for 15 days!
“Read this too: The Surprising Health Benefits of Beer”
You’ll have more energy
Drinking a glass of water before eating gives your body the hydration it needs.
- A habit as simple as this will encourage proper cell function and will give your body the energy it needs to do its most important job: proper digestion and absorption of nutrients.
- We also can’t forget that your brain and muscles are made up of almost 75% water, while your kidneys and liver are composed of about 70% water.
- You must be careful to keep this homeostatic balance by regulating what you lose and what you take in. That said, remember what we said above, that this doesn’t mean you should have two glasses of water in a row.
The ideal is to sip water, without waiting until you feel thirsty. Doing it a half hour before eating is the most important time.
It encourages weight loss
We’ve all heard at one time or another that if you drink a glass of water before eating you’ll lose weight. They say you’ll lose weight because your stomach will be filled with water and you won’t be as hungry.
Take these claims with a grain of salt. Filling your stomach with water before a meal in order to trick your hunger can be very dangerous.
We advise drinking only one glass or even just half a glass of water.
This way you’ll be “encouraging” weight loss based on these basic effects:
- Improving digestion.
- Digesting and eliminating fat much better.
- Fighting constipation.
- Having a much cleaner body.
Here’s an extra tip: add a little lemon juice to your water. You’ll feel great!
Your skin will look much better
Drinking water is good for your internal health as well as your external health– your skin.
- If you get in the habit of drinking the purest lime-free water you can, you’ll be ensuring that your body sees the benefits of the most powerful detoxifier out there: water.
- The oxygen that you get from water helps keep your skin elastic and toned.
Likewise, if you drink this glass of water before eating, you’ll digest your food better and thus absorb more vitamins, minerals, and oxygen.
All of this fosters skin cell regeneration.
“Check these out too: Top 5 Natural Ingredients for Healthy Hair, Skin and Nails”
Other times of the day it’s recommended to drink water
Along with this glass of water 30 minutes before meals, it’s also a very good idea to have a little in these other important parts of your day:
- When you get up in the morning have a glass of lukewarm water.
- Before taking a bath, it’s great to drink a little water in order to lower your blood pressure.
- Before bed, drink something to replace the fluids you’ll lose overnight.
Treat your body right and make this a part of your daily routine.