Natural Way to Reduce Your Blood Pressure in 5 Minutes
To keep your blood pressure within normal range, you need to maintain good lifestyle habits, while avoiding smoking and staying active.
Uncontrolled high blood pressure is a serious health problem that can have a significant impact on your quality of life, and even put your life at risk. Therefore, it’s essential to follow medical treatment to lower blood pressure.
Known as hypertension, or “the silent killer,” this is a cardiovascular disorder that’s affecting more and more people around the world.
While many people suffer from high blood pressure, a large proportion of them remain undiagnosed. In many cases, this makes it difficult to treat, and increases the risk of a heart attack, stroke, and other serious diseases.
This is why it’s so important to learn about high blood pressure and find out what you can do to reduce it.
Blood pressure is the force that is required for the heart to pump your blood through a network of arteries, veins, and capillaries to reach your organs.
In an adult, normal systolic (upper number) blood pressure in an adult is around 120 mm Hg during physical activity and 80 mm Hg while resting.
Your blood pressure is said to be high when systolic blood pressure exceeds 140 mm Hg and diastolic (lower number) blood pressure is over 90 mm Hg. This can occur when the arteries known as “arterioles” become narrow, as their function is to regulate blood flow throughout the body.
When they contract, your heart must work harder to supply blood to your body, resulting in increased blood pressure. The most worrisome aspect is that it doesn’t tend to be accompanied by strong symptoms, which increases your chance of developing a more serious problem.
Only occasionally does it cause palpitations in the head or chest, dizziness, fatigue, and other mild symptoms that might alert you to the problem.
See also: Lower your blood sugar with these foods
So far, the causes of high blood pressure remain unknown, but there are some factors that can influence its appearance. These include:
- Being a smoker.
- Being over 60 years old.
- Suffering from diabetes, being overweight or obese.
- Drinking alcohol excessively.
- A family history of high blood pressure.
- A poor diet, rich in saturated fats, sodium, sugar, and processed products.
To prevent and control high blood pressure, you need to have regular medical checkups to test your levels. If they are indeed high, you may need to completely change your lifestyle to stabilize them.
It’s very important to improve your eating habits and to exercise regularly, as these contribute significantly to the entire body’s health, which regulating blood pressure.
In general, the guidelines to improve diet are:
- Limit your intake of salt.
- Increase your consumption of fruits and vegetables.
- Eat foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids within a balanced diet.
- Avoid processed foods and foods that are high in fat.
Other recommendations are to:
- Lose weight.
- Practice relaxation techniques.
- Get at least 30 minutes of exercise every day.
- Avoid alcohol and tobacco products.
As well as maintaining a healthy lifestyle and following your doctor’s guidelines, there is also an ancient Chinese method, which could help to reduce your blood pressure in just five minutes.
Traditional Chinese medicinal techniques are based on the energetic connections between various pressure points on your body and your organs.
This natural practice involves putting pressure on three specific points to lower your blood pressure within minutes.
The line from point 1 to 2
- There is a line from points 1 to 2 which goes from the back of your earlobe to the collarbone.
- Apply gentle pressure as you run your fingertips along this line.
- Repeat the same movement about 10 times on each side of your neck for a total of about three minutes.
- After you apply pressure on the line, press your fingertips against the point that’s located half an inch from your earlobe in the direction of your nose.
- Perform a gentle massage using careful pressure for one minute on each side.
While, according to popular belief, this technique can be very effective when your condition is due to stress, anxiety or other emotional factors, it’s important to remember that under no circumstances should it ever be used as a substitute for the treatment prescribed by your doctor.
In fact, it’s best to use these techniques as a complement to a healthy lifestyle, as long as they are authorized by your doctor.