Say goodbye to gas with these easy and effective exercises
The build up of gases from food can be due to a lack of exercise. These exercises can be very helpful.
If you often get gas, you might not have ever considered that there are exercises you can use to help get rid of it instead of taking medication. Although there are all kinds of medications on the market, it’s always best to try something a bit more natural to get rid of gas.
Today, we’re going to tell you about exercises that are very effective at getting rid of gas. Although we don’t promise that all of them will work for you, we do encourage you to try them all and see which one suits you best. Everybody is different!
Get rid of gas in no time
The exercises below are ideal for situations where you’re feeling uncomfortable because of trapped gas and need quick relief.
1. Child’s pose
Perhaps you already know this pose, also known as Balasana.
- This pose involves kneeling down and sitting with your buttocks on your legs.
- Then stretch your arms out in front of you.
We recommend that you hold the pose for a minimum of 2 minutes. This way, your body can relax and get rid of the gas. This pose can also be down the other way around, face up.
- Once you’re lying down, bend one leg and hug it towards you. Start rocking forward and back.
- If you can grab your feet, even better.
2. The wind-relieving pose
The name of this pose says it all. It’s one of the most effective poses for getting rid of gas.
- Lie face up and extend your legs. Bend one of them and hug it close to you.
- This one is similar to a face-up child pose. The higher you lift your knee, the better.
- You should hold this position for a minimum of 30 seconds.
- One modification: when you’re hugging your leg, try to touch your nose with your knee. This will make the exercise tougher and more effective.
3. The plow pose
The plow pose is used a lot in yoga, and it’s a great exercise for getting rid of gas.
- To do it, lie face up and straighten your legs upwards.
- If you can, lift your body so that you’re supported solely by your upper back.
To start, you can help yourself by using your hands to support your lower back. Then progressively move towards being able to stretch your legs over the top of your head.
If it’s more comfortable for you, you can leave your hands where they are. Other people prefer to have them by their side. Be very careful with this pose. If you have any neck problems, you shouldn’t do this pose. Otherwise, it can have very good results.
4. The camel pose
This last exercise also has great results.
- Kneeling but without sitting on your legs, let your arms hang down and arch your torso backwards.
- The idea is to form an arc with your body and touch your feet with your hands.
To make it more comfortable, make sure that your head is relaxed. You can have the top of your feet touching the ground or support yourself on your toes.
Information about gas
Although the causes of gas can be wide-ranging, diet is a very common one. Eating a lot of processed foods, eating quickly, or eating foods that tend to give gas (beans or broccoli) could be the cause.
However, other times gas is due to a food intolerance, constipation or irritable bowel syndrome. Although gas can be controlled, if you are in pain and uncomfortable, these exercises will be a big help.
It’s important to mention that a sedentary lifestyle can also cause gas. Doing these exercises is not just good for getting rid of gas, but also for getting your body moving. We know, gas can sometimes be painful. So which exercise are you going to use?